“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodland - CLOSED

Woodland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: South Austin
New York
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Sometimes all you want is good food in a simple setting, this is the place. There is usually no wait for a table, the staff is friendly and helpful and the kitchen is accommodating (I am allergic to peppers). a great place for lunch or dinner, in the year we were in Austin we went here at least 20 times.

Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get the veggie burger!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled across this place recently and what a gem in disguise! The vegetarian burger is a must have! So good! Descent prices too

Elyria, Ohio
“BLAND FOOD - POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When I walked into this restaurant there were about 5 tables seated with plenty of other tables and booths open. After waiting for quite awhile as employees walked past me several times I was finally approached with a “for one?” – Not “sorry for your wait” or hi, how are you tonight?

Anyway, I ordered a dinner salad and the meatloaf with a side of slaw. To drink I asked for a glass of water and a coke. The water made it but had to remind her about the coke. My meal was dropped off by a different person who just walked by dropped it off and kept going. No salad. I asked her when I flagged her down about the drink and she said “oh, I thought you wanted the slaw instead of the salad.” Umm, not sure how to respond to that one.

The food was as bland as their service. The mashed potatoes had little to no taste. The slaw had little sauce or flavor. The meat was undercooked but the area that was cooked had a good flavor and taste. I can imagine that if it was cooked properly it might have been a better meal.

Nice place in a great location on the famous South Congress but they fall short on the food and way short on the service.

• Visited February 2012
Salida, Colorado
“Pies”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stopped by for a few pies after listening to some music. Not convenient to 6th street but worth the ride for the peanut butter chocolate pie. We also tried the coconut creme which was pretty darned good.

Visited February 2012
houston, texas
“Wait for table & food was waaaay long!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

It's a cute concept. Food is decently priced and trendy. Just a terrible wait for a table (1 1/2 hour for a party of 8 - there were only two tables that would accommodate us) and even once we placed our order the waiter said the kitchen was running 45 minutes. We were there at 7:30 on a Friday night - before the big rush. It was more like an hour to get our order. They didn't even have clean glasses for our drinks for 20+ minutes. Ridiculous! My daughter goes to school in Austin so she loves the South Congress area and we have gone here before, but this was for sure the last time for me. Waiter was rude. They did take a small sum off our bill due to the terrible wait for a table & dinner.

• Visited February 2012