“Delicious pie and coffee”

Quack's 43rd Street Bakery
Ranked #3 of 54 Bakeries in Austin
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Hyde park and walked here for a snack. We both got pie and iced coffee and it was delicious. The service was quick and nice, the food was yummy and the area its situated in is very cute.

There are newer reviews for Quack's 43rd Street Bakery

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We headed up to Quack's after the theater. This is definetely a hangout for locals Since we are from Houston I hope we didn't stand out! There were still many choices available later in the evening. I had a slice of delicious apple pie. I wish I would have heated it up. My wife had the tiramisu cupcake and we split a magic dream bar. We sat outside and really enjoyed our desserts. There was an huge list coffee and tea beverages we'll have to try on another visit. This was a great bakery!

1  Thank RandS_TX
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After dinner one night we wanted something sweet and happened upon this wonderful bakery. The coffee is strong and full bodied. The salted oat cookie I had was not too sweet and the salt balanced the flavor. The Giant eclair was as good as any Italian bakery. $4.00 but as big as a cat's head. Not too sweet or sticky filling. Whipped to a cross between pudding and cream. Yum! And they are open early and late! So no excuses, go NOW!

1  Thank AuntBeem
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this bakery looking to get some coffee, but after looking at the choices in the display cases we gave in to try the delicious looking carrot cake. Simply put - the best carrot cake around! The size of the slice was huge! Very moist and a very healthy amount of frosting. We each had a slice and returned the next day for a couple more slices of their delicious cakes. It was worth every calorie!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently went here for dessert on a trip to Austin. It took quite awhile to decide on what to get; we finally opted for pie: key lime and blueberry. Delicious! They had so many delicious choices of cupcakes, cookies, pies, etc. that we'll have to go back and get take home next time! We ate there; there are a number of tables and it was fun to people watch inside and out the window in the Hyde Park area. The people who worked there were very friendly and helpful!