“Delicious, alightly Americanized Indian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Delicious, alightly Americanized Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

There's a fairly small set menu to choose from, but the few things that I tried were all really good. The portions are huge, so be sure to get a to-go box before you sit down and scoff the lot (like I did).

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dave C

Austin, Texas
“Very Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really looking forward to returning to Masala Wok. Very friendly & courteous service, as well as excellent Naan, Samosas & food. All-around a great fast-casual experience - very enjoyable!

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Indian entrees give a warm, satisfying meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been to Masala Wok Restaurants in Austin and Pflugerville. I love the fact that each person can order the entree they want as far as meat and spiciness level. I love the chicken Korma and my daughter likes the butter chicken. This is a fast food place that offers quality food. The service has always been good, too. Cashiers are helpful and always smiling!

• Visited September 2012
Austin TX
“Disappointed !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have been to Masala Wok several times with Family and Friends. Not a great fan of the Food, but it is decent.

I am a Vegetarian. On 3 different occasions, I found a piece of meat in my food. This is extremely disappointing. Something like this happening one time is tolerable, but 3 separate times was just horrible. Two times I found the piece of meat in the Curry and on other occasion I found it in a noodle dish. Very Disappointed. I have taken some friends to this place, but after the consistent bad experience I am hesistent to go back. I hate monitoring my food all the time while eating.

Disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Great Indian and Chinese food in one place - eat in or take out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I feel like I have tried most Indian restaurants in Austin and have problems finding one that makes my favorite dish - Chicken Tikka Masala - the way I like it. Masala Wok has the best CTM I have found so far - the flavor and spicing of the sauce is excellent and the chicken is top quality breast meat. Although this is a national chain it's overall very good and they are very friendly.

Service is fast whether eating in or when I get food to-go for a family meal.

The only nit-pick I can think of is that the spiciness seems to vary a little from one visit to the next. Maybe it's a little pricey compared to other similar options but I've always thought of the portions as generous.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Masala Wok? Share your experiences!