“Great Atmosphere and Very Good Food”
Review of Botticelli's

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Gibson
Description: Botticelli’s South Congress is a fun and tasty Italian restaurant located in the heart of the exciting "SOCO" district. Botticelli's serves fresh and delicious Italian food combining old family recipes with new, inventive ones. Andrew and Matt Botticelli are the proud owners and are made even more proud by the food that Botticelli's delivers through its amazing staff. There are both an intimate dining room up front and a large beautiful beer garden out back, where there is live music Thursday through Saturday night. Full menu is available inside or out and at either bar. Look forward to seeing you soon.
memphis
“Great Atmosphere and Very Good Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

When traveling, I try to avoid the chain restaurants and try the local spots. Botticelli's South Congress is a great find! The food is good, the service is excellent and the atmosphere is true Austin. If the weather permits, sit outside and take in some of the local flavor. I will definitely put this on my regular visit list when in Austin.

• Visited September 2013

“MaMa Mia!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My older daughter that lives in Austin made reservations for this place, and I can see why - it is the smallest restaurant I have ever dined in! However, the food was very, very good! The Botticelli Bread for an appetizer was simply amazing, and reminded me of Italian restaurants growing up in the Chicago area; my younger daughter and I split the Insalata Ceasar, which was okay, but not much flavor and way too much lemon and not much dressing. I ordered the Tagliatelle con Polpette - the BEST meatballs I ever in my life have had!! So light, so fluffy, how did they do that? And the pasta was perfect with the grated fresh cheese, extremely delightful! I tasted my older daughter's dish of Pansotti di Fungo - fantastic!! My youngest ordered Pollo con Ravioletto di Formaggio - very good except, as much as I am a garlic fiend (my family/friends keep telling me to tone it down in my food prep) this dish was REALLY harshly garlicy in the mashed potatoes - sorry - I love garlic so much, but it tasted like raw garlic in the potatoes. The Brussels sprouts were spot on!! Chicken also! Will definitely come back, waitstaff was wonderfule and attentive, the GM and/or owner was really good at asking tables if all was well. Great restaurant!!

• Visited August 2013
Milwaukee
“Hip Haven”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nestled in the trendy Congress Street neighborhood is an Italian gem that's playful with the genre and downright daring something- for-everyone. Imported Italian cheeses served with crisp green apples, raisin relish and bread crisps started our dining adventure.

Service was perfect. Relaxed but attentive.

The kale salad played in the sweet salty theme and my scallops were dusted with crushed herbs.

The entire night was perfect.

• Visited August 2013
“Perfecto”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Found this little hole in the wall on reviews. Called for reservation 30 minutes prior to arriving on a Saturday night and although they were busy, made availability. Staff were friendly and explained menu options well. Drinks never were less than half before they were around filling them multiple times. Food was awesome!

• Visited July 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Just found it...just love it!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited last night with a long-time Austin resident and UT alum who didn't know about this gem so first tome for both. We had a great meal and a great time. Experience included an outstanding, knowledgable server who really knew the menu, made excellent suggestions. Had the Pansotti di Fungo with Italian sausage. I'm not a big creme sauce guy but this is outstanding. A teal treat.

• Visited June 2013