Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb beast roomgothic suitefrench roombed and breakfastvictoria housepecan treesbombay roomday bedother gueststhe main houseprivate balconymodern conveniencesromantic weekendsecond homesmall hoteluniversity of texas campus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2006

This was my first time in Austin. It is such a beautiful city. My husband and I stayed at the Inn (our first time staying at a B&B). When we arrived the owner had taped our keys to the back door and left us a note to find our room. I could probably understand that if it were late and past normal business hours but it was 3:00 p.m. Nonetheless, the Inn is well appointed and comfortable. We helped ourselves to some wine that was left for us and sat on our private balcony. As one of the other reviewers said it was very warm in the room and we didn't have any one to call to turn it down. Thank goodness it was mid December...we opened all the windows. The owner made an appearance briefly while my husband was moving our car to find a better parking space (the parking is quite limited) and at that time she turned down the heat to our room. I actually never met her. We did hear her though, at 12:30 a.m. I saw her from our window arguing with a tenant about her rent. The argument woke us up and lasted for about an hour! You can a learn a lot about someone while they discuss problems and trust me this women/owner is not a rational nor a logical thinker.

Our stay really wasn't bad it just wasn't as I expected a B&B to be...I thought it would be more of a personal experience. The only person I met during our 2 night stay was the chef and he wasn't very friendly. I hope the next time I stay at a B&B I at least get to meet the owners.

• Stayed: December 2004
4  Thank AWDallas
Reviewed February 8, 2006

The Inn is really lovely. A great location near UT Campus and The Capitol and about a mile from 6th street shops and restaurants.
Not the typical service you would find at a B & B. Never was greeted by owner. Called to change rooms and heard back 5 hours later. She was a bit cranky too. Seemed put out.
Our controls for our heat/ac were located in the room next door. We were boiling. Hot water ran out every morning...we shared the hot water heater with the room next door. (must have been a 5 gallon heater:))
It has a lot of potential if the owner loved what she did and would take care of the guests.
Breakfast is toast and a toaster......some granola...serve yourself.
I loved the decor of our room (Bombay room) and I loved the pretty Inn...still not sure I would stay there again. Needs better service.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank buglet74
Austin, TX.
Reviewed December 5, 2005

What a beautiful B & B. With above average rooms and a great Austin Location. And thats it. Our wedding at this Inn was tainted by the Owner. She is very controlling and deceptive as a bussiness owner. Numerous times during the planning(after we were finacially committed) and wedding she became argumentitive and confrontational with members of the wedding party.

The wedding party stayed at the Inn. The Owner dead locked guests out of their room while the guests were on premise. She assigned herself a role during the wedding and literally disappered leaving her duties with the overwhelmed bar tender which created mistakes. The whole establishment was very sketchy, when help was needed most, no one was available even when promised. I would not suggest using this location for any reason what so ever. There are plenty of other options that must have a better staff.

There is zero customer service if the Owner completely removed herself from customer interaction this Inn has a chance, but its not worth the risk..

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, FL
Reviewed November 15, 2005

In all the bed and breakfasts we've been to, this one by far outweighs them all! Staying in the gothic room was glorious. Everything was perfect- from the atmosphere to the food and service. A memorable stay.

Stayed: September 2005
Spring, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2005

Austin's Inn at Pearl Street proved to be a great choice. The grounds are great, staff is VERY attentive and the room was simply fantastic and comfortable. We stayed at the Tree House which is seperate from the main house. The location is excellent with close proximity of major activities. The manager went above and beyond to make sure all the guest were comfortable.
We will be back!