“Friendly staff, great location”

Austin's Inn at Pearl Street
Ranked #8 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Coral Gables, Florida
“Friendly staff, great location”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in the Library Room on the 1st floor of the main house for a week. The bedroom was comfortable but location was a little noisy. I would select a room on the 2nd floor for another visit. The staff was helpful and eager to please. Breakfast was very basic. Could use an upgrade such as baked goods from local bakeries, more staff availability during breakfast and more hot beverage options (coffees, greater tea selection). Location was great -- walking distance to downtown. All in all very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jill B, Owner at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Niecie:

It was a pleasure having you with us, and it was great getting to know you. We here at the Inn are happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all the comments you made. It is guests like you that make us strive to have the Inn as comfortable as possible and to make it an even more fulfilling experience in the future. We hope you will visit us again when you come back to Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Austin Inn at Pearl Street is an eclectic yet comfortable bed and breakfast located near the University of Texas as well as numerous outstanding Austin restaurants.
Check in was friendly and efficient. The room, with a large king bed, was very comfortable. While the free Wifi signal was weak it was serviceable and to the management's credit a caveat was included with the password that the signal may not be as strong in some rooms but stronger signals could be obtained in the common rooms. (Boosting the signal for all rooms would be a suggestion I would make...particularly for an Austin, Texas destination.)
While business kept me from enjoying breakfast the coffee was hot and fresh and the pitcher of ice water outside the rooms was a nice touch.
Despite cold temperatures I did enjoy sitting in the large yard that had plenty of relaxing spots to sit and enjoy a complimentary glass of wine.
Free and easy parking was also a plus. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jill B, General Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear William,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Austin’s Inn at Pearl Street on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear that you had a good time in Austin and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that you found our fun location convenient for your activities and that our complimentary parking was easy to access. We appreciate your suggestion and have taken it in consideration. We are currently working with our internet provider and doing everything in our power to make sure our Wifi signal is strong and stable in the areas we have had difficulties in.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to your next visit.
JB
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you're looking for an unconventional, laid back B+B, this is your spot. Very good location, near the university and near some great BBQ spots (particularly Freedman's). Room was extremely spacious and welcoming. Parking is easy. Great spot!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill B, General Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Matt,

We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your stay at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. We are glad to hear that our location was convenient for you, and happy that our overnight complimentary parking was easy to access during your stay. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience.

Happy holidays and we hope to see you soon again!
LA
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We never usually stay at B&B's while on vacation. However, after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Inn At Pearl Street a go. And what an amazing time we had.

From the arrival at the Inn (even getting a call from the Jessica saying "Hi" before our arrival) to checking out, we could not have asked for a better service and experience. Jill, the owner, is an amazing person and makes sure you are comfortable during the entire stay; she goes out of her way to ensure you have everything you need while in Austin. The Inn's office admin, Jessica, is also so nice, and is always looking for ways to make your stay incredible. The breakfast is delicious with plenty of options. The garden is amazing and well kept. There are benches and tables all around the garden, making it great for a meal outside, or maybe a glass of wine or beer during happy hour.

The Inn is beautiful. Each room is decorated with a different motif, giving you a little flavor of the world. We stayed at the Safari room, and it was amazing the feel of all of their "safari" themed items in the room, such as sheets, towels, rugs, pictures and paintings, the bed, and all other details the room has. There are several other rooms, each with another theme.

The location is great. Either walking or taking a cab, the Inn is located near downtown, South Congress, the University, Warehouse area, 6th street….

We highly recommend Austin Inn, and we will be definitely coming back when in Austin again. I wished we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Surfbr
Inglewood, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the very first inquiry email and phone call, to check out and the "oh no, we left something behind - what now?" Austin's Inn at Pearl Street nailed it! I never stay at hotels anymore. Anytime I travel I always look for unique B & B's or Vacation Rentals. Anyone can stay at a hotel. I'm not interested in what anyone else does. It took me a sec to find this place online but when I did it just so happens the Gothic Suite was the only Suite available for my stay the week before Halloween. "I myself am, strange and unusual". It was meant to be. The Inn was exactly like the gorgeous pictures the have online, maybe even better. We called it our castle. From the leopard print rugs, to waking up to the smell of coffee brewing, to the jacuzzi tub and the coolest furnishings I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, this place is my home in Austin. We are already planning to return in April. This place had me written all over it. This was also my 14 year old daughter's first time flying anywhere outside of Cali and she was in heaven. Even my dad who is old fashioned and stuck in his "we should save money and stay in a dumpy motel" was like "wow". That and I think he had a crush on Maria, the sweetest and most helpful staff ever. They spoke spanish together and my dad was smitten (ahahahaha he's gonna be pissed I announced this online). Oh well! Maria you were fabulous! Thank you for helping us with each request and making this trip even more memorable. Jessica was incredible. Super star A+, give that girl a raise. AND we could hear the construction from time to time across the street but when the windows were closed not so much. It didn't disturb us at all. The music playing softly on the patio in the evening was like something out of a movie. We felt spoiled, pampered and truly on a relaxing vacation. What a gorgeous spot for a wedding! As soon as my brother pops the question to his gorgeous girlfriend I am hitting this place up fo' sho! The breakfast was so filling and healthy I made fun of my dad as he loved it and always makes fun of people that eat healthy.. again old fashioned meat and potatoes only. He says only aliens eat tofu... Thank you Inn at Pearl Street for getting him to eat Granola, Fruit and Yogurt!!!! That in itself is a miracle. And just if that isn't enough, my daughter received a stuffed animal gift from my family and left it behind in the blankets when we rushed out to catch a flight back to L.A. She cried when she found out she left it behind. Not only did Jessica help us out, but my brother was able to come back without any problems and pick up this gift she can not live without (teenagers). Thank you does not cover it. We will be back in April Jessica and as soon as my family gets engaged we WILL be planning their wedding there. I am a professional wedding planner in LA and can say this is our dream venue. Can't wait to be home at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. There is no place like home...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jill B, General Manager at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Tiffani,

We are overwhelmed by such a thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write it. The pleasure was all ours having you and your wonderful family stay at Austin's Inn at Pearl Street. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that you all enjoyed our city and our boutique hotel. Families such as yours makes our business so much easier and fun!! We were happy to reunite your daughter with her favorite "friend" and we hope to see you all here in the future at The Pearl.

Please let us know how we can help with your family's celebration of love, We would enjoy being a part of this exciting and joyous time!

Happy holidays and warm regards!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We felt immediately at home at the Pearl Inn where we could freely enjoy not only our beautiful and interesting room but also various sitting rooms and secluded outdoor areas.
The location between downtown and the university district is convenient. Our hosts were helpful and their recommendations for dining and entertainment lived up to our expectations. Looking forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Gardens are a delight to relax in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thanks for the awesome experience!!! Loved it here!!!

It was a great collection of antiques and theme rooms. Quiet get away to rest but close enought to the fun and restaurants in Austin. Enjoyed the stay and will definitely be back.

Thanks again

Joyce M
San Antonio, TX

Room Tip: inn has theme rooms so it would depend on what your preference is.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple