“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!!”
Review of Hotel Ella

Hotel Ella
Ranked #38 of 202 Hotels in Austin
New York City, New York
“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I traveled to Austin, TX for business & stayed with Hotel Ella for 3 nights. I travel all the time for business & pleasure and this was hands-down my best hotel experience!

The rooms are gorgeous, spotless, comfortable, thought put into the smallest details. The hotel itself is beautiful and the customer service was SO above and beyond. From the front desk staff ensuring I had everything I needed, including shuttling me back and forth in the house car to the local gym where I could work out there free as a guest, coming to check on me at the pool every 20 minutes to make sure my water was refreshed... Shuttling me back and forth to UT campus for recruitment events for my work in the house car - the driver even stopped at whole foods and a coffee shop for me along the way... my room service was delicious and came in ten/fifteen minutes.. I asked them to bring me some fruit to my room after and within 2 minutes they arrived with a plate full of apples free of charge.... friendliest bartenders and bell staff... The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and so is the restaurant. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 3rd floor and it was perfect
2 Thank E G
Manager_Ella, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear E G: Thank you for your rave review of Hotel Ella. We are glad you found the customer service to be so above and beyond. We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of our shuttle and the local gym where you can work out free as a guest. Also, we agree with you that we have the friendliest bartenders and bell staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Ella.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Austin
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant, helpful, friendly. Impressed with housekeeping, overall cleanliness, attention to detail in the decorating. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Julie C
Dear Julie C: Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are so pleased to hear that every staff member you encountered was pleasant, helpful, and friendly. We are also glad that you took notice of the detail in the decorating. We look forward to having you again soon!
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here for my birthday weekend in January. The staff was very attentive, wishing me Happy Birthday every time I walked thru the lobby. We had an excellent room in the main building on the 2nd floor with the large balcony to sit on & drink our champagne. Upon our arrival, we had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries & roses to greet us. Our room was large with wonderful bedding, nice bathroom, large tv. This is a historic building and the walls are quite thin -- my only complaint! The staff was outstanding from the valet guys to the restaurant within the hotel. Beautiful hotel, yes, we will return. Oh, there is construction on both sides of the hotel, 2 large condo buildings going up, but they don't work weekends or late nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank milltravel59
Manager_Ella, General Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear milltravel59:

Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us in one of our Mansion junior suites. We appreciate your comments on the quality of the room amenities and your enjoyment of the veranda off your suite. It was our pleasure to provide welcome amenities to help you celebrate your special occasion at Hotel Ella.

Your feedback on the thin walls is appreciated and is being addressed currently with noise dampening measures being installed. The adjacent construction is only temporary and will be completed very soon.

We look forward to your return.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Ella last weekend. Fantastic restaurant, beautifully appointed rooms, plush bed and excellent staff make this hotel a must for those planning a trip to Austin. I have stayed at other run-of-the-mill 5 star hotels in Austin, and this hotel is quaint and brimming with charm. I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frenchbullie
Dear frenchbullie:

Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed Goodall's Kitchen & Bar as well as the comforts of your guest room and the quality of our service culture. Hotel Ella strives to be uniquely Austin, offering the best of Austin new and old. Thank you for recognizing our quaintness and charm, while recommending us to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Denver
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here a few times when it was the Mansion. Very quaint and clean. Each room I was in was different as it was for business colleagues I traveled with. Parking is convenient and very close to UT. Very good restaurant for breakfast as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank be32
Manager_Ella, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear be32: Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that you found the parking to be convenient and very close to UT. We look forward to welcoming you to our newly renovated Hotel Ella.
Canyon
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely , quaint hotel with excellent service and location. Beds were super comfortable and staff was eager to please.Great restaurant and superb small bar. Our biggest complaint was their events were too large for their space. on Thursday night , our first, there was a meeting with 300 people present and they flowed over into the bar and restaurant area ruining the small and cozy atmosphere. On Friday night there was a wedding with the pool area and the upstairs reception filled with a nice size crowd. They were not too obtrusive, but several of the guests were staying in the hotel on our floor. They stumbled home about 3 in the morning and slammed every door of their 3 or 4 rooms and basically partied in the hall until 4 in the morning.Then they got up and left at 7 with the same noisy exit as marked their arrival. Definitely not the hotel's fault for them being rude and stupid, but there are not enough hallways where the hotel can isolate a few rooms together. All in all we will not stay here next time if an event is being held. This problem can be encountered at any hotel, but the compactness of this lovely place seemed to magnify the trouble.

Room Tip: They are all quiet in the annex if there is no party on premises
3 Thank NBTEx
Manager_Ella, General Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear NBTEx:

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Ella. We appreciated your feedback and were glad to hear you found the hotel quaint with exceptional service and location. Also, thank you for commenting that the staff was eager to please.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the events we had in-house during your stay. We will certainly work to make improvements on how such events impact other in-house guests.

Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Austin
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel gets the gold star from me for cleanliness. Thank you for an immaculate bathroom, clean sheets, a clean carpet (properly vacuumed) and for furnishings that weren't worn, damaged or old. I can't tell you how many hotels that are supposed to be 5 star, well run establishments fail to even keep the rooms properly cleaned and maintained. Keep doing what you're doing. I'll probably be back in a couple of months.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Lauren G
Manager_Ella, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Lauren G: Thank you for your review of Hotel Ella. We are pleased to hear that you found the rooms to be properly cleaned and maintained. We will keep doing what we're doing. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Ella in a couple of months.