“first experience like this”
Review of Andiamo Ristorante

Andiamo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #402 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Cross street: Burnet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

although the food was good, the waiter would not serve me fresh Parmesan cheese on my seafood linguine. Said they were authentic and so put cheese on the others but would not let me even serve myself out of the bowl of fresh cheese. In the end he did bring me a plastic cup so I could serve myself.
Growing up near Little Italy in Boston and traveling all through Italy, I had never been told you don't put cheese on seafood even if served with pasta.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wouldn't expect great Italian food in an older shopping centers sharing space with a "Sell us your gold" storefront. This is one of the cool things about Austin. There are great restaurants in the oddest places. So we went to Andiamo on the recommendation of a design shop we were visiting. The food was out of this world. My wife had the Pollo Funghi, and I chose the Trittico di Pesce. This was shrimp, scallops and calamari in a wonderful lemon butter sauce with capers. The seafood was so tender. Because it all sounded so good, we also got sides of risotto and of spinach/ cheese ravioli to taste and bring home. Everything was delicious. For dessert we shared Panna Cotta, a tasty chocolate custard.
Server was informative and attentive without hovering.
To sum it up we spent over twice as much dining at Mario Battale's restaurant in Vegas, this was a far better meal.

1  Thank Robert I
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a nice time at Andiamo with my husband and some friends. Was hoping for really good Italian food (haven't had any since we moved) but it was not fantastic. The staff was great but I found the meal to be pretty mediocre

1  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very good food and service...perhaps a bit pricey, in a very competitive Austin market. I really don't know what else to say to meet the minimum characters. We had a very knowledgeable server from Columbia who knew the menu and winelist perfectly and could describe all the dished. The food was very good.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Is this one of the great Italian restaurants like I used to frequent in the northeast (e.g. Dante & Luigi's in Philadelphia or Sabotino's in Baltimore)? No. Is this one of the most solid Italian restaurants I have encountered in the American south? Without a doubt, yes. The staff are very attentive, knowledgeable about their semi-seasonal menus and wine pairings, and friendly. Fabio, in particular, has always been a great waiter for us. I have never tried any of their red sauces and will not comment on them. Their salads are very solid, as are each of their veal dishes (but all slightly overpriced, in my opinion--thus the lack of five circles on this review). Some of the desserts are hit-or-miss (never bad or bland, just not necessarily for me). When the profiteroles are on the menu, I recommend ordering them. I've had better, but they are very solid. The decor is a little cheesy, but this is not altogether unusual among Italian restaurants. As a whole, the restaurant provides a very solid, consistent, and friendly Italian option to Austin.