“Shaded outside patio wonderful for dinner!”

Lamberts Downtown Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Lamberts Downtown Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe St
Description: Lamberts Downtown Barbecue, located in the 2nd Street District of downtown Austin, features modern Texas classics in a hiply restored historic building. With an emphasis on fresh local ingredients and all natural meats, produce, and seafood, Lamberts has invented "Fancy Barbecue." The beautifully restored Schneider Store, located on the corner of Guadalupe and 2nd streets, features an open kitchen and dining room on the first floor, with outdoor patio seating available. The upstairs bar and lounge features premium live music most nights and can accommodate large parties for private events. Since opening in 2006, Lamberts has been featured in Food & Wine, The New York Times, Conde Naste Traveler, and voted the 4th best new restaurant in Texas by Texas Monthly.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Delightful dinner here on 6/24 with a 6pm dinner reservation. We sat outside in the shaded patio area which also had water spraying/misters. The bib salad and mac and cheese was my dinner. My husband went for the baby back ribs and fried okra. The service was great and the food fantastic. I like the little corn bread muffins to start with. This place was highly recommended by several people and it did not disappoint.

There are newer reviews for Lamberts Downtown Barbecue

Reviewed June 24, 2014

There are plenty of wonderful places to eat in the Austin TX area, but this isn't one of them.
I researched on the Internet and found this place to be ranked #2 or #3 in all of Austin. So I thought it ought to be really good.
Went there for a late lunch Wednesday. Ordered the 3 meat platter with Brisket, Jalapeno sausage link, and pork ribs.
Brisket tasted 'okay' and was a mix of dry and fatty portions. Jalapeno link was worse tasting than a cheap store bought sausage, and much greasier. Pork ribs were the best tasting out of the trio.
All I could think while eating was, Dang! BBQ in Texas has gone way downhill! I've had better BBQ in New York. New York!!! (Seriously, Dinosaurs BBQ in Syracuse NY is Yummy!!!)

About 45 minutes after eating at Lamberts my abdomen made it very clear that I shouldn't have gone there! I was on house arrest next to a toilet for about 3 hours!

If you are in the Austin area make the drive to Elgin TX and go to Southside BBQ...

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Interior décor is nice, service ok if a little pretentious and they clearly want you moving on as you are barely putting your cutlery down ! But the so called BBQ was plain bad. Pork ribs had to have meat sawn off and there was precious little of it, flavour was ok but really folks not good. Sides, mac 'n cheese, beans etc were average as could be found anywhere. After 3 weeks in Texas visiting from the UK this was by far the worst meal we ate, and it is not cheap. I guess for a trendy central Austin spot this is the price you pay. Oh and a long dark hair on my dinner plate ( I did not complain as I could not be bothered with a fuss)

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Last night we went to Lamberts in downtown Austin. The place is on the corner of Guadalupe and West 2nd Street, there is street parking but if you cannot find any there are lots of parking structures nearby. There is a great BBQ and grilled menu, they have their own smoker out the back. I ordered Mustard and 'Brown Sugar 39 crusted Niman Ranch Ribeye' which comes with a whole roasted garlic bulb, with a side of mashed new potatoes and some grilled asparagus.I am quite fussy about how my steak is cooked, I like it medium to well - no blood -not too pink- but not overdone and like leather. This steak was cooked perfectly, the roasted garlic was soft and sweet, the mashed potatoes were creamy and not over seasoned and the asparagus was crunchie. I tried some of my husbands Whole Black Angus Short Rib which came with spicy cilantro (corriander) and scallion slaw (spring onion) fennel caper chimichurri. It was also delicious and fell of the bone easily.Lamberts also have 3 homemade bottles of their own BBQ sauce, Chilie BBQ sauce and sweet mustard to accompany your meal. This was one of the best steaks I have eaten for a Ribeye. We shared a desert of Coconut Cream Pie with shaved dark chocolate, toasted coconut and some ice cream. After such a big steak we thought pudding would be too much but it was light and delicious. There were 2 floors, on the ground floor there is plenty seating inside and outside, upstairs there is more seating and a stage where there is live music every night. The toilets are upstairs but there is a small lift in the back. If you are in down town Austin this is a must , the food is fantastic the atmosphere is buzzing and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stopped by for lunch. No tables were available, very busy. My husband and I sat at the bar and ordered lunch. He had the brisket and I had the pulled pork. It was delicious!!!! Our sides were smoked collard greens, potato salad, slaw and baked beans. All were yummy! They offer 3 kinds of sauce. All were great! Great place to enjoy BBQ plates!!!