“Impressed Again”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel to Austin a lot and when I am sat on the plane I always think of going here on my first night.
After a 24 hour journey from Perth, I can tell you, I'm hungry! And this place never disappoints.
Friendly staff and always happy to 'tweak' meals to your liking.
ICE cold beer. The glasses are frozen and you can feel the ice in you mouth!

What more could you ask for?

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped by Bombay Bistro South again. The food was great. Lamb tenderloin is the best lamb dish I have found in Austin. They made an off menu plate for my wife with tandori vegetables and paneer. It is always a pleasure to visit this restaurant.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our third time at Bamboo Bistro up on 183 North. This time we ate at the Sunday buffet. the vegetarian choices were excellent. One thing I dislike about many of Austin's Indian restaurants is the overuse of salt. My husband says after a few bites at other Indian restaurants everything tastes the same. But this place is different. They have fresh herbs and spices, real Indian veggies like bitter gourd and a very pleasant atmosphere. One dish I particularly liked was the Aloo Papdi Chat. It is garbanzos, seasoned with onions and cilantro with Aloo patties. To flavor this they ahve tamarind chutney, mint chutney, peshawari chutney, potaotes onions and yougurt along with other fresh herbs. What a treat. We will be back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family and I have eaten at this restaurant many times for at least the last 6 years, every time we travel to Austin. The food is excellent and the menu offers a wide selection of options to please every palate. I particularly love the noon buffet. It includes many popular Indian dishes, some of which change from week to week, but includes a chaat station and masala dosas.

The staff is friendly and helpful. If you don't know what to order, they are happy to make recommendations. Pleasant atmosphere; great for a family outing at noon or at night.

I have dined at Indian restaurants across the world for more than 25 years. This one is at the top of my list.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

So many options to eat, great service, great food. Love their chana chat and Gajar ka halwa on the weekend buffets. We have also done catering from them for an event. They were slightly late but food was awesome.