“Really good Indian food and a great staff”
Review of Bombay Bistro

Bombay Bistro
Ranked #593 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Really good Indian food and a great staff”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped by Bombay Bistro South again. The food was great. Lamb tenderloin is the best lamb dish I have found in Austin. They made an off menu plate for my wife with tandori vegetables and paneer. It is always a pleasure to visit this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“an Indian restaurant deserving praise”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our third time at Bamboo Bistro up on 183 North. This time we ate at the Sunday buffet. the vegetarian choices were excellent. One thing I dislike about many of Austin's Indian restaurants is the overuse of salt. My husband says after a few bites at other Indian restaurants everything tastes the same. But this place is different. They have fresh herbs and spices, real Indian veggies like bitter gourd and a very pleasant atmosphere. One dish I particularly liked was the Aloo Papdi Chat. It is garbanzos, seasoned with onions and cilantro with Aloo patties. To flavor this they ahve tamarind chutney, mint chutney, peshawari chutney, potaotes onions and yougurt along with other fresh herbs. What a treat. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas
“Best Indian Buffet”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family and I have eaten at this restaurant many times for at least the last 6 years, every time we travel to Austin. The food is excellent and the menu offers a wide selection of options to please every palate. I particularly love the noon buffet. It includes many popular Indian dishes, some of which change from week to week, but includes a chaat station and masala dosas.

The staff is friendly and helpful. If you don't know what to order, they are happy to make recommendations. Pleasant atmosphere; great for a family outing at noon or at night.

I have dined at Indian restaurants across the world for more than 25 years. This one is at the top of my list.

• Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“My favourite in Austin”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

So many options to eat, great service, great food. Love their chana chat and Gajar ka halwa on the weekend buffets. We have also done catering from them for an event. They were slightly late but food was awesome.

• Visited December 2012
austin
“Family Platter”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We like Bombay Bistro...One of my twin daughters loves Indian food...after having a former neighbor who alsways gave her little nibbles of what she was cooking...we decided to try Bombay. It is local, close to our house, and had decent info. online - enough to encourage me to go...it can be a little unnerving when you don't know all the items on the menu-lol

We like tikka--so that was a no brainer but we wanted to try a few things but weren't sure if we would like them...So...we got the Taste of Bistro $42.00-it says it is for 2 but easily fed us 3 and we had a bit left over...It was great!

I had a dining certificate that I purchased through upromise.com and restaurant.com...so for $8--we received a $25 GC towards a minimum purchase of $45. So basically dinner cost about $30 and we ate very, very, very well. It is a nice, clean, restaurant...I like that it is casual but they dress it up with linens on tables, etc.

Waiting for my next restaurant.com special...want to go back this week...

Excellent food....Yumm-o

• Visited September 2012

Been to Bombay Bistro? Share your experiences!