“Very nice!”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great Brazilian restaurant very close to UT campus. Both their lunch and dinner dishes are good, but dinner is even better. Service can sometimes be a little slow, though.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We made the mistake of dining here on Nov. 26, 2013. The place looked nice enough from the outside. Parking was a challenge. We were confused as to which parking went with which business. Turns out, they're all owned by the same company.

The host was very pleasant and sat us immediately. However, the server couldn't have been more miffed. He barely gave us time to look at the menu, rolling his eyes and tapping on his little book. How rude! There were no refills on soda or water. The soda was obviously bottled in some other country.

My quesadillas were literally soaked in some sort of grease --- not the kind usually used for cooking. I don't know what it was, but it was so thick I couldn't eat my meal. My dining companion ordered chicken taquitos. They looked alright, but were overcooked and hard.

The server must have assumed that the uneaten food on my plate meant we were done with our meal as he was very quick to grab my plate. He just dropped the bill without another word said. At no point did he inquire as to how we enjoyed our food. It was very clear he wanted us out of his restaurant.

Maybe he was at the end of his shift. Maybe he was having a bad day. But, he made us feel very unwelcome. There are many cute little restaurants near this place. Why take a chance on this place.

1  Thank flyingbnm
Reviewed March 7, 2014

3 out of 3 ain't bad you are thinking and you would be right. I had the Brazilian Paela and it was great. Price was fine too. It's in the UT area and makes you feel young again. Can't beat the combination. And the staff are fantastic.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food at a very good price! Try the Moqueca Bahiana, the Bobo de Camarao, or the Pollo Magdalena. All excellent!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Amazing Brazilian Feijoada (Black Bean Beef Stew) in a comfortable friendly restaurant. The stew was thickened with dried Yucca, had a mild taste of cumin and was perfectly accompanied by white rice, collard greens and orange slices. We also had the surprising Coxinha (Pastry dough stuffed with minced savory chicken). While stuffed, we still tried the flourless dark chocolate espresso cake. It broke on my fork like cake but totally melted in my mouth. My senses screamed with delight! We can't wait to go back and try other dishes.

1  Thank Blueshadow31