“Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sao Paulo's Restaurante
Ranked #767 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went there around 8pm last night. Cute place located practically on campus. Got a table right away. Server was nice, took our drink and appetizer order. After 25 minutes or so he realized he forgot to put in our appetizer. He brought out our platter and offered to bring the app's for free. Everything was really good and fresh. I would go there again and recommend it to others.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best cheese enchillada's in Austin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have tried more than a dozen restaurant in Austin and Sao Paulo's had the best cheese enchillada's of them all. Unfortunately for me it is within walking distance from work. As a healthy alternative that have a very good salad topped with chicken.

• Visited January 2013
“Never had Brazilian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had never had Brazilian style food and this place was recommended by Austin magazine. It is very near Greek Row at the University of Texas in Austin. We were able to walk from out hotel through the campus which by the way is beautiful. The restaurant sits next to a take out place and a college bar; so I guess it fits the surroundings. It is an older place, kind of dark with red vinyl booths (think old Italian), it also has some tables outside under an awning. There were no customers in the place when we got there, kind of made you wonder, but it was excellent. The menu is split into two sections a Tex-Mex and a Brazilian. The waitress told us to stay away from the Tex-Mex and focus on the Brazilian. I had the Churrasquinho Platter which is a selection of meats; steak, pork, sausage and chicken breast cooked Brazilian-style. It comes with garlic rice and a vegetable. The Brazilian way of eating the meat is to dunk your meat into a really good sauce and then roll it in a powdered spice (sorry don't remember) and then eat. IT was fabulous. My dining partner had the Bobo de Camarao(voted best dish in Austin for 2012 by the Austin Chronicle). They were right. It is shrimp and yucca tossed with onions and bell peppers in a tomato coconut cream sauce, served with steamed rice. Kind of reminded me of a curry dish. Very, very tasty. Didn't have room for dessert the two dishes were so filling. They have a happy hour which cuts the cost of beer and wine by a third to half. People started filling the place up by the time we were done. Maybe just late arriving diners like is typical in South America. I would echo another reviewer by saying the menu is very self explanatory and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. It was a great experience and I am glad we walked so we could walk off some of this filling meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kalispell, Montana
“excellent and economical near campus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great menu with brazilian, tex mex, and vegetarian . Live music was playing on Saturday pm. Service excellent as well as value, entrees in 9-15 range.Near north UT campus on San Jacinto, walking distance. Parking can be scarce in busy times.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Love the shrimp stuffed pumpkin and the cheese rolls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best restaurant in Austin! I have been here at least a dozen times and have never been disappointed. The service is excellent and very helpful. The entrees are very large - my husband and I usually share one with a large salad on the side. They are closed on Sundays, so I always try and eat here on Saturdays when we get into town. Oh yes, the drinks are very good. I love their bellinis and the margaritas are very reasonable, especially during happy hour!

• Visited April 2012