“Just say WOW!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My hubby and I truly LOVED this place. We came for a light dinner on a weekday night. The views of Lake Travis are superb! We watched a beautiful sunset then sat down in the lounge and looked at the menu. We ordered from the happy hour menu and the regular dinner menu. There was a jazz band playing live that was not too loud, and added to the already romantic setting of this restaurant. Our cheese platter and wine came out and was super delicious. So was the strawberry and goat cheese salad. The main entree, the squash and pumpkin pest ravioli was the hit of the night. It melted in my mouth! It was so good. I will continue to crave it until we go back to Austin. Our service was great, and the sous chef came out to ask how everything was. If you are in Austin, it is a place you don't want to miss. Bon Apetit!

1  Thank Bella2233

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Sitting on the deck and admiring the view, the cocktail we had was delicious, at least the first time. Don't remember the name but it included citrus muddled with peppers: unique and refreshing. Next came the homemade potato chips, spiced perfectly and nicely presented. The first bite of the Soleil pizza was an almost religious experience. But... then the rain started. We thought we would be fine if we just moved to one of the more sheltered outdoor booths, about 10 feet from the edge of the deck, along with several other couples. Then....the high winds. Some of the wait-staff worked to close the windows, but we were thoroughly on our own, getting drenched while we struggled to get our drinks, our plates, the pizza and ourselves into the restaurant. We then found an empty table -- again, with no assistance from a single employee. We looked up and they were just...standing and watching. It was surreal . We ordered our 2nd drink before the rain hit. About 5 minutes after we SAT OURSELVES inside, the waitress sauntered by and apologized for the delay in bringing the drinks. No mention made of our stormy adventure. Ten minutes later, as we were settling the check, our drink came. And, of course, it was the wrong drink. Soleil, Soleil, what were you THINKING?!?! To summarize, if you want delicious, unique food, by all means try this place. If you want to match the level of service that we received, you might consider trying a bowling establishment.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

However we had chance to try only drink and view but we love their drink, and service. Beautiful atmosphere. Reasonable prizing.

1  Thank Benja77
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have NO idea how this restaurant has 3 stars. I seriously wish I could give it zero stars. We ended up being in the restaurant for over 2 hours AND NEVER ENDED UP EATING.

We had made reservations a day in advance and requested to sit by the window as we were just in Austin for one night and heard this restaurant had one of the best sunset views around. We ended up getting into town about a 1/2 hour earlier than expected so we figured we'd stop by and see if a table was open and hoped that arriving a little earlier would provide more time for them to open up a table by the windows. We were greeted with a rude "there's NO WAY I can serve you before your reservation." We should have turned around at that point but decided to stay and have a drink at the bar. We waited almost 15 minutes for two drinks at the bar (neither of which was good, both were watered down). The hostess never came to check on us and inform us of how our seats were coming so when our reservation time came and went, we decided to check back in. We were informed that a table was clearing up for us and that we would be seated shortly. 10 minutes after our reservation time (total 40 minutes in the restaurant) we were finally seated...in the middle of the restaurant. Why we waited 40 minutes for a plain old table I have no idea, especially when it was 10 minutes past our reservation time. A table for 4 (we were a party of 2) remained open for almost 40 minutes after we sat down. By the way, we never saw our bartender after we received our drinks, so after waiting 40 minutes for a table, my significant other waited another 10 minutes at the bar just to pay for our drinks--which were ridiculously overpriced for the quality. We have two different servers come by, each saying "I don't know if I'll be waiting your table or not." A waitress finally, walks up and this point and says "'Sup?". When we are paying over $10/drink and $30/entree, I do not want to be greeted by "'Sup?". Frustrated by this point, we decided to just order an appetizer and settled on the wine and cheese starter. It comes out and the bread that is served with it has no flavor, the "cheese platter" has a soft cheddar, a blue cheese that we could get from WalMart, some hard salami, probably also from WalMart, some raisins, cranberries, dried apricots and again, store bought candied pecans. For a cheese platter, I'd like to have some more cheese (and maybe a few I can't find at WalMart?). The service, however, seems to be getting slightly better and our appetizer came out relatively fast, so for the sake of getting some dinner to get on with our night (we had been there for over an hour at this point), we decided to order dinner. This is where more trouble started. We noticed that other tables were being served bread, but we never received any. We also started to notice that the tables around us were getting served even though they had ordered after us. Finally our waitress stops by to let us know that she's "waiting on the kitchen for our food". We continue to wait (still no bread and no apology or explanation) as people's food comes and goes all around us. After almost an hour of sitting there with no food, WE stop our waitress (no, she couldn't bother to come around to give us an update) and ask what's going on. She informs us that because it's a Saturday night, the kitchen is backed up and the food is coming out a little slow. We ask for a check for just the appetizer and low and behold, our food arrives within minutes. Our waitress comes back to our table surprised that our food had arrived, but lets us know that our dinner was on them for the night. NEVER did the manager (assuming she was manager since she never introduced herself) come by our table, even though she was walking around and talking to other tables the entire night. We asked for the food to go (completely disgusted by this point) and never ended up eating it.

Point of all of this-you can watch the sunset for free at any of the lovely balconies they have built around this crappy restaurant and not wait almost 2.5 hours to just have to go to another restaurant to get dinner.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

As nice as the ambiance inside, sitting out on the patio overlooking what little water is still in Lake Travis was a great place to be with our baby. Lots of other families and kids. The kids' menu could stand a few more options (e.g., a grilled chicken breast) but the cheeseburgers made my daughter and me both very happy.

1  Thank Ken L