“LOVE THIS PLACE”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Austin
Reviewed August 22, 2014

SUCH A GREAT PIZZA PLACE! the slices are huge and so delicious! Plus the prices are reasonable. Definitely must go to home slice if you are in town!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Full disclosure, I'm from Jersey so pizza can only be so good outside of the Garden State. This stuff, was pretty good. Its kind of a crazy place where there are two buildings, one for sit-down dining, another for take out. On the weekend, the wait for sit down was 45 min, and there was a line starting to wrap around for the take out/window service. Wait in line for window service order a couple of slices, get a drink (they serve beer, and you can sit outside - on the curb, there are no seats, older travelers you have been warned - they let you drink beer outside), wait for your order and chow down.
I guess atmosphere is a bit misleading but when we sat on the curb at dusk and watched South Congress and the city light up while listening to Gureo's Taco Bar's Mariachi Band, it felt like a block party. Everyone was out, eating, drinking, shopping, kids, couples, families, it was awesome. The curb is a fantastic place to people watch and just drink in the vibe of the city...an experience you can't get sitting at a table inside ;)

1  Thank Grace G
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love this place! The ambiance is amazing. Great for a date or family hangout. I have never been disappointed in the service received nor the food. Excellent pizza. Great choices. And one of the best places to go after a Saturday of shopping in SOCO. The addition to the quick pickup next door is genius. Kudos.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

2nd best pizza I have ever had in my life. Great environment, great for friends and family. We had several items and drinks from the menu, little of everything. I can't complain about 1 thing except we were all so full! (not a bad complaint I am guessing for a pizza place!)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I play jazz downtown, and Home Slice is open as a walk up, and right there on the way home, late night. This is the trendy part of town, a place to completely check out for the real Austin, if you are visiting. I've been here 44 years, there are a few things you can do to get the unique Austin experience, Barton's, ACL, and ck out South Congress. Well, I do enjoy this pizza, it's super fast to get, but I really can't say it's excellent, just good. I think the combination of the ambience, the location, and the decent pizza, makes this #7 of all restaurants in Austin. I personally detest the marinara sauce, which ruins a pizza IMHO. In a rush? this is the place!

Been to Home Slice Pizza? Share your experiences!