“Go Hungry”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 4,241 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Trinity Street
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

The company I work with has taken us to dinner here for the last two years. I think it gets better every time. The salad bar is great and has things you don't find on salad bars. The meat is what you go for at this place. It is very well cooked and the just keep bring it. The staff has alway been very friendly. Great place to eat and have some fun.

Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

This really elegant restaurant is perfect for when you are REALLY hungry!
Their salad bar is AMAZING, they have as well a whole section of beans, rice, potatoes, mushrooms with garlic and much more.
I didn't try the meat because I was already full, but I know that's their main event!

I recommend it!

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Friendly knowledgeable staff. All servers were willing to help each other out. Food was excellent. Facility is clean and well appointed. Atmosphere was fun and relaxing. I only get the "salad" bar and get over full. The rest of the family/friends always get the whole package and they rave about it. This is a great place for big group as you help yourself to the salad bar then the meat is delivered to your table constantly. Be careful you will get full fast.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

My first time and I was impressed! Service was great! Salad bar had different types of dishes which was great. The "salad" bar was fresh and clean. The concept of red light green light was fun! A family of 7 with 3 glasses of wine and 5 desserts......$550 including tip. I would of given a 5, but hostess and servers were not friendly at all! Although, the meat servers "ROCKED"!!!! I'll go back for sure.

Reviewed November 11, 2014 via mobile

Definitely better than the one in San Antonio. I've been to a few fogo de chao in US and I can tell this is a good one. As all the brazilians, we go to a churrascaria to eat steak, but they have a very good salad bar and the other brazilian dishes as the cheese bread, polenta e fried banana were very good as well. The most tasty meat was the fraldinha (bottom sirloin), it is flavorful anywhere you it eat, but it was perfectly tender. They took a little while to start serving the meats but after it started they kept serving pretty well. We had the papaya cream with cassis liqueur which was pretty good too. The place is definitely pricey, but good.

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!