“Wonderful food and service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 4,241 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Trinity Street
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed September 16, 2014

This was our first trip to Fogo de Chao but will not be our last. It was wonderful. The salad bar was great with lots of selections. The cheese biscuits are the best I have ever had. The meat was so good, I am usually not a big meat eater, but this was awesome. The service was first class. I was very impressed and glad that we tried it. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 14, 2014

We go a couple time a year to Fogo de Chao in Dallas and more often to others due to the high dollar of Fogo de Chao. I took my husband here to Austin for his Bday. The service was ok, except for the meat, they just stopped coming around though we had not eaten all that much. As I said we go regularly and do not take all the cuts. We had to ask for the lamb, saw the filet once and the house special twice.The cuts of meat were not good and overly salty (even for a Brazillian ). We will not go back there and wish we had chosen a different place for our special occasion.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first experience with a churrascaria and it did not disappoint! Upscale decor and impeccable service from the servers and gauchos fittingly enhanced the flawlessly prepared buffet and grilled meats paired with fine wine. A heavenly experience not to be missed!!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I went with a large group to the restaurant but it easily accommodates several such large parties. Good host for eveing who explained the process - salad bar first then servers will bring various meat offerings and you just select what you want for as long as the meal goes on. Extensive salad bar so even the vegetarians among our group were okay. Meats were of a high quality and the lamb was a highlight. Very entertaining evening. Convenient location just across from the Austin Convention Center.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

everyone I spoke to said that this place wasn't worth the money you'd spend. I beg to differ!! I loved the salad bar with fresh salmon, kale, and spinach. Also the servers kept the food coming so you never had to wait for food to find your plate. The caramelized bananas were to die for!! and I ate about 9 of them!! I just couldn't help it..they just kept them coming! It was wonderful! For those of you who think "i can't eat that much" maybe you might try going for lunch. Less money, same great food!!

1  Thank samantha a

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!