“Dont eat all day before you go for this treat!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Trinity Street
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Holy Moly!!! You wont leave here hungry! DELICIOUS food and wonderful service. All you can savor meat of all varieties. Just check out their website. You wont be disappointed :)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was completely in my element here. What more could a carnivore ask for? The many varieties of meat, were moist and delicious. The staff were great, as was the wine.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Texas on business and my boss booked this place for us and told us to eat very little during the day, I soon saw why!

This was my first experience of Brazilian cuisine and hopefully not my last.

Entire building is finished beautifully, staff are plentiful and very welcoming.

Had some delicious dark beer from Brazil then went to the salad bar which was the best salad bar I've ever seen.

The whole system of flipping your coaster from red to green to order your next round of meat is great fun, you simply get pounced on by waiters waiting to share their delicious meats with you, absolutely as much as you can eat and all cooked superbly.

I can't believe I had a dessert but I did, that wasn't so exciting but you don't go to this place to worry about desserts.

Would love to see this in the UK, it probably exists somewhere but nowhere near me!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

make sure you try the chickenbreast marinated in cognac and beer. So tender and juicy, yet no red meat...

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Fogo de Chao is worth every delicious penny for eager carnivores. Their salad bar is unrivaled, but don't let yourself be tempted too much. Bottom sirloin fatty, crispy, and delicious!