Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome Food Tour

The food was awesome and our tour guide Darren was fabulous! I highly recommend this tour when in... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nancywolfesmith
Coral Springs, Florida
via mobile
Excellent,good food, fun and professional

I have taken about 15 food tours. Most are good and a fun way to get acclimated with a city. A... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2018
jennyseinert
via mobile

All reviews food scene highly recommend this tour salsa and chips brisket interesting facts driskill hotel great tour kelsey bbq info stops guide
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food was awesome and our tour guide Darren was fabulous! I highly recommend this tour when in Austin.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in Austin for business in October and planned an afternoon of walking and food fun with the small corporate team I was with. It was a great event! There was a good mix of food, drinks and fun facts about Austin's food scene. Definitely worth it. I would recommend doing this tour early in your stay, as the tour guides are great sources of restaurant/music venue recommendations!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

A good mix of food, drink, walking, and Austin tidbits. Our team was in Austin for business and we took time out for the walking, dinner tour. In preparation, Kelsey was extremely attentive to planning and organizing. Darren, our guide, was very informative, friendly and provided great insight into not only the places we visited, but what we could do/eat/drink after the tour. The amount of food seems a little light at times, but by the end nobody was hungry. Fun was had by all.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

I have taken about 15 food tours. Most
are good and a fun way to get acclimated with
a city. A couple haven’t been quite as
good, so I now call and ask for more information before I book. We brought our grandson to
Texas for his 12 the birthday. He loves to eat & has
done several food tours. I called to ask Kelsey,
the owner about he tour & explained what I needed.
She was great and even suggested that we add a fifth stop for a birthday cake for Max at the Driskill. We were staying there so it was perfect.
Ally , our guide , was running 5 min late,
so Kelsey texted us to let us know.
My other concern was if they didn’t have s minimum number would it be cancelled? No it would still be held.
There were 2 other people and we all bonded.
We did 4 stops
#1 Gus’s fried chicken( Max’s favorite)
Good fried chicken and potato salad
#2 cafe Blue(?)
An upscale fish place with good fish tacos and
Biscuits made with potatoes-delicious!
#3 a barbecue place
Very good Jason, the owner, came out
& explained their process.
#4) pizza
Very good sorry, I am at an airport & thought
I had their names. They were all good .we had plenty to eat. I’ve never been on a food tour that
had someone from the restaurants speak to us( all
but the first). They were all obviously very proud of their restaurants.
Plenty of food—
I enjoyed it so much that I called my travel agent
to make certain that she would be able to know about it & recommend it.
Thanks, Kelsey — sorry that it took me so long
to get this into Trip Advisor.
All 3 of us enjoyed it & would heartily
recommend to people who like to eat & getvan overview of food in Austin!
I called

Reviewed June 21, 2018

This was the first food tour for my husband and I. Our tour guide, Andrea, was very sweet. She tried to anticipate our need and accommodate us. It was a walking tour, so we met her in front of our first stop, Gus's Chicken. We had fried chicken there. It was tasty. the meat was juicy and the skin crisp.There was a little kick to it, but it was not too spicy for us. Next we went to Cafe Blue for beignets and fish tacos. The beignets were really good. The fish tacos were okay. Afterwards, we went to Cooper's for BBQ. The brisket was well seasoned, tender and tasty all on its own without having to put anything on it. Our tour guide even had them let us try some of their goat because she heard my husband mention he was curious how it was (we eat a lot of goat in our culture). Next was to Ropollo's Pizzeria. We had actually already tried their pizza a day or two before the tour. We mentioned it causally in conversation as we were about to go in and our tour guide immediately called and arranged a different restaurant for us, just so we could taste something we hadn't tried before. We went to Stella's instead, but she still let us see the inside of Ropollo's and gave us the history of the restaurant. It was really very nice how they bent over backwards for us even without us asking, we were touched by their customer service. At Stella's we had Hollandaise sauce poured over Eggs Benedict, on top of smoked salmon and spinach, all on an English Muffin, it was delicious! Our last stop was Driskills for dessert. The hotel was beautiful. High ceilings, archways and beautiful artwork. The dessert was yummy and a nice way to end the tour. For our first tour we had a great experience!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We did the tour with friends of ours and overall we all felt is was a bit weak. We've done food tours in cities around the world and while I would love to highly recommend this tour, I can only give it an average rating. Our guide was very nice but I felt like she was just there to get us to one place then another...on other food tours the guide has been a wealth of info about the city we are in. Not so much this time. I also agree with the other review about going to Gus's...enjoyed the chicken but it really isn't an Austin only restaurant. There are many locations to get this chicken. We enjoyed the Cafe Blue stop and Cooper's BBQ was very good as well. The final food stop was the restaurant in the Westin. The dessert was ok, again not something terribly unique and there seemed to be a lot of confusion about the bill. For the price of this tour, I really felt it could have been more unique and I think they need to equip the guides with more info about the city.

1  Thank kathyPittsburghPA
Reviewed May 14, 2018

The tour guide was very knowledgeable and had a fun personality! The tour was a great way to see the city and the food was plentiful and delicious...my personal favorite was the Barbecue:) I can highly reccommend this tour for anyone visiting Austin!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

Anna (Andrea) was a terrific guide. First to Gus's Chicken (t0oo spicy for me, but Hubby loved it, then Cafe Blue for Fish Tacos, on to Cooper's for BBQ (really delish), Rapollo's for pizza(truely fabulous) and Dessert at Driskoll's! First rate tour!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This was a great way to sample a variety of restaurants and our guide Alison was also knowledgeable about Austin so gave us some history and local colour along the way.
We had fried chicken, fish tacos, BBQ, Mexican and a wonderful cake at the Driskill hotel to finish it off.

They are right when they say come hungry!

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We travel as much as we can and find food tours in city’s give us a great way to get to know the area. This is our first time to Austin and Allison was our guide. We were a nice sized group with 3 couples. We arrived yesterday and had already eaten at 2 of the stops, however she also gave us restaurant background info or someone from the restaurant talked with us. We also received lots of information about Austin. Our first stop was Gus’s Hot Fried Chicken. We each got a fried pickle, fried green tomato slice, cole slaw and a chicken leg. It is great tasting chicken. Our second stop was Cafe Blue where we were given the best beignet this side of New Orleans and a fantastic blackened mahi mahi Taco with a tropical salsa. Our third stop was Cooper’s BBQ and we had pinto beans and brisket, sausage and beef rib - all delicious. Our fourth stop was Manuel’s where we tried 3 different margaritas, salsa and chips and chicken mole with homemade corn & flour tortillas. Lastly was The Driskill Hotel which is so beautiful. A piece of chocolate cake here finished our tour. It was excellent and a very fun day. I highly recommend it.