“Pleased with Stay”

Ranked #159 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Frisco, TX
“Pleased with Stay”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My adult son and I stayed at this Best Western for three nights. I felt it was a good value for the money. Each night we were there, numerous Texas Highway Patrol cars were in the parking lot...officers were staying overnight at the hotel. We didn't worry about security!

Although it's l8 yrs. old, the rooms have been refurbished in the last two years. It looks very clean and well maintained. The only exception to this comment is the half eaten crackers left on a light table in the lobby. After seeing they'd been there all day, I told the person at the desk. They were still there the last time I looked.

The full breakfast was like eating in a regular cafe with a large selection of hot and cold breakfast foods.

While this Best Western is in no way a luxury hotel, we enjoyed our stay and would select it again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Frederick, Maryland, USA
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We paid $89 (with tax) for a stay of 4 nights here (mini family reunion). The location is right off interstate, so it is handy. Several restaurants are close by, but not really walkable.

With an indoor pool on the main floor, the lobby, atrium, and breakfast area are quite humid and warm. The lobby is large, though, and two computers (with printers) are available free. The rooms have free internet as well. Phone calls (local and 800 #s) are free.

The hotel may be showing some age (towels definitely need replacing), but we found it quite acceptable. Our room was clean and spacious (two beds), and while our A/C was not working correctly the first night, we did not have enough towels, there was no clock, and the handle on our tall faucet (bathroom sink) was broken, all but the handle were remedied quickly. A repairman came to our room right away, and he replaced the entire A/C unit the next day.

The room comes with a mini-fridge, microwave, and single-serve coffee maker. Having not seen one before, I assumed ours was broken (missing the filter). Turns out the coffee that is supplied has its OWN filter! I felt like an idiot when I asked the clerk to replace ours!! Try the French vanilla; yum. Our bathroom was HUGE.

The breakfast is more than what you might expect for free: all the typical cold offerings plus several hot dishes, as well as pancakes made-to-order. There might have been a Belgian waffle maker, too. Excellent orange juice, by the way!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Flannery52
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My wife and I stay here every time we want to get a way for a day mainly for the whirlpool tubs and don't forget dineondemand great resturant food right in the room 795 delivery charge but worth it nice indoor heated pool and sauna very quiet

• Stayed June 2010
baytown
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I come into austin several times a year for classes and the front desk staff is really friendly everytime I come. I really enjoy the full breakfast in the morning & happy hour on Tuesday & Wednesday. And the location is really close about 1 mile to where my classes are located. They have renovated the rooms and they look really nice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My mother and I traveled to Austin with my three kids. All teens. We reserved two rooms at the Best Western mostly because of their indoor heated pool. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly. Our rooms were very clean and updated. Their full breakfast, which is free, is more like a FEAST. Even my teenage son had enough to eat and anyone who has a teenage son knows that is not an easy feat to accomplish. :-) I enjoyed the atrium environment and felt safe. All in all the Best Western Atrium North experience was one of the best. Upon our departure even the front desk manager asked about our stay and I made sure I informed her that it had been above and beyond what we expected. If you are looking for a good value and wonderful place to stay that is family oriented and really cares about their guests, this is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Denison, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2008

We were heading home (6 hr drive) after spending all day at SeaWorld in San Antonio and decided it would be better to stop and spend the night. We found the Best Western Atrium North just off the hiway in Austin and all agreed to give it a try. The rooms and property were laid out exactly like the Hilton Garden Inn in San Antonio where we had stayed the previous night. The room was comfortable, clean and a great value. The Atrium North was almost one third the price of the Garden Inn. We were walk ups and they gave us the current local discount! Wow. The swimming pool was small but clean. The breakfast was very good and the morning Chef was very helpful and friendly. _JAGIN

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2008

If you miss the enterance and go around the block you will see that the apartment complex next door has razor wire on the top of the fence. The neighborhood is run down and not a place to walk outside at any time. One of the worst hotels I have stayed at. At check in a couple in the front lobby were yelling profanitys at each other as the one front desk person stood and watched. Ants in bathroom and on coffee maker and frig although we had only one bag of chips in room unopened. Front desk person unable or unwilling to contact manager after we tried to get help from 8 a.m to 1 p.m. finally filed formal complaint with the Best Western 800#. They contacted the hotel and then the manager tried to speak with us when we checked out. Run down old exterior and interior. Pool is only 5 feet deep and the sauna never get to hot, warm at best. No places to eat within easy access. Has highway in front of hotel.

• Liked — The man cooking breakfast was great.
  • Disliked — service, total hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank michiganlucky

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels