If you're not familiar with North Austin, this Best Western Atrium North is located on an access road immediately behind an elevated interstate and it's very hard to get to during rush hour if you don't know the area due to Austin's heavy traffic. The immediate vicinity near the hotel looks a bit seedy with homeless people taking shelter under the overpass; but there are some chain restaurants a mile or so away. During our three-night vacation stop the front-desk staff was pleasant; the night desk clerk was not very confident in providing directions but the morning manager was more knowledgeable and printed up Google maps directions for us. Contrary to information we saw in online references at the time we booked, this hotel does NOT have a guest coin laundry. (This proved a bit inconvenient for us as we had several days' of sweaty vacation laundry -- had to wash clothing in the sink and hang it up to dry in the bathroom.) High humidity in the room was a problem -- no matter how we adjusted the fans, wet towels and clothes would not dry. The bathroom was nice and large and adequately clean when we arrived but does not have a fan. One morning as we left for the day for our activities, we noticed the housekeeper had already passed by our room, so we asked the morning desk manager to make sure she attended to our room. When we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned. The night manager apologized and provided us fresh warm towels. By far the best part of this hotel stay was the hot morning breakfast; the employee cooking sausage, bacon, eggs and fresh waffles to order did so with a rollicking personality that started our day off right. Not the hotel's fault but there was a brief power outage one day during a thunderstorm, and while the power quickly returned, the cable TV service was out for several hours before the hotel could get it restored. If you're staying specifically in North Austin for one night, this hotel is perfectly adequate. If you're from out of town visiting downtown and unfamiliar with Austin traffic, the inconvenience of trying to locate and access this hotel in North Austin amid the confusing tapestry of intersections at rush hour might be reason to look elsewhere. Grade: B-minus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located off Interstate 35, the Clarion Inn Austin North in Austin, TX offers easy access to Texas Memorial Stadium, as well as a variety of other attraction, including: Austin Convention Center Texas State Capitol Bob Bullock Museum Pickle Research Campus LBJ Library ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Austin North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Atrium North Hotel Austin
- Best Western Hotel Austin
- Best Western Austin
- Austin Best Western