“Not bad”

Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South
Ranked #173 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ok, so this is an older hotel. I can also agree that the halls/elevators are warm and not well ventilated. However, for a decent price, my room was plenty cool and comfortable. I slept well here and staff did a good job on all of my interactions with them. I can't complain as far as a budget hotel stay goes. I'd be fine staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited this hotel for a festival that was supposed to be a friday through Sunday stay. They ran my credit card upon arrival but did not need to stay Sunday night after all. The manager was not there to refund me my money. (First of all why did they run my card if they should actually run the card upon checkout) whoever was on duty did not want to refund me until he spoke with the manager so I waited a good 15 minutes and he said she was texting him and did not want to refund my money. There is no policy stating any rules. It was ridiculous. The guy finally took it upon himself and refunded me for a night I did not stay after all! The place was old, didn't even give fresh towels for the following days, tv did not have a remote in the room nor was functioning. I will not come here again nore recommend this place. Poor managerial service .

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

In my career I have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the midwest. I wish I had stayed at the Marriott down the street, that is where my co-workers stayed for just $20 more a night. The hotel was in incredibly poor condition which I noticed from the moment I walked in. Desk clerk was unprofessional and looked drugged out, gave me a room key that did not work, then put me in a room that had not been made up (beds not made etc), then put me in a dirty room with a broken toilet and extremely repugnant bathroom counter top encrusted with what I believe to make out as dry boogers. Being nearly 1am I went to bed and made my complaint the next morning. Took my luggage with me to the office and told them I expected a clean room for me when I returned that evening. That evening I was given a new room (happened to be the same one that was not made up the night before) by the same drugged out front desk clerk. He told me management had personally inspected the room. Room seemed clean but to my dismay when I walked into the restroom, there were toilet tank parts in the sink! Took these to the front desk clerk, new guy, and he said "they must hate you". I tried to switch my hotel but the Marriott was booked, besides a coworker was traveling out and would be staying in the same hotel the next week. Made this my uncomfortable home for nearly two weeks while on the business trip. The "hot" breakfast was only palletable the first day, after that I had no appetite for the slop they placed out without condiments in an unclean area. When I finally checked out I was not even asked how my stay was. Would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Check your room for cleanliness before you unpack, and ask other guests about the breakfast before y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

House keeping did not clean the bath. There was hair in tub and on walls. Hotel appeared to need a lot of mantinace. T he lobby was not clean and had odors.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business