“Baymont far exceeded expectation”

Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South
Ranked #170 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Diego, California
“Baymont far exceeded expectation”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked a night at a hotel via priceline, and got Baymont (for $55/night). I was very surprised at how nice the lobby, hallways, and rooms are at this hotel - outside it looks blah but inside it looks bling. Very clean and relaxing decor, plus a shockingly comfortable bed. while the location is difficult to get to (at the I35/290 intersection), it is well worth the $. friendly staff as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Leander, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed a night here while in Austin. The room wasn't bad but was very worn. On the positive there was a mini-fridge with microwave, flat screen tv, and a nice bed. The bathroom was showing its age as well. The staff was good and the free breakfast and wifi didn't hurt. I'm not sure if I would stay again but I wouldnt cross it off my list.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I made two seperate reservations with the first being two rooms for two nights and we had another guest coming with us so I made the other one for one room for two nights. Once I arrived they said they did not have my reservations even though I had the conf. #. We paid cash for that room and now they also billed my credit card. This place was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life. Filthy carpet, smoke smell in a "non smoking room", bugs, dirty bathroom, etc...... I will never stay at Baymont Inn at any location. The above was brought to the attention of Baymont in Austin without any success.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lance B

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Sequim, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Previous reviews indicated a bug problem, but there were also many positive reviews, we decided to stay here for 3 nights. Well, we indeed experienced a bug problem (BIG like as in cockroach). The one saving grace was the comfortable bed. The price was right and it was graduation time in Austin, so many hotels were booked. However, next time, we will be willing to go the extra mile and pay more. Keep in mind this hotel is on a frontage road and not easily accessible (but with a GPS you can get there). The breakfast goes until 9:30 M-F and 10 on Sat and Sun. We were satisfied with the hot breakfast included with your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SusieFlutist
Calgary
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After reading the last review, we booked this hotel with great anticipation for our stay in Austin. However; this hotel was extremely disappointing and gross. Arriving onto to our room on the second floor, we were overwhelmed with the scent of marijuana, and cigarette smoke (although it was a non-smoking floor). The overall appearence was dark, dingy and uninviting; not at all family friendly. The hotel was very loud, and we were woken at several times during the night by loud noises and unruly client behaviour. The pool was closed for chemical treatment on the weekend which was a disappointment. Although the room was of average cleanliness, the tub was leaking and the toilet was malfunctioning. Breakfast in the morning consisted of frozen bread and other unappetizing choices. Support staff, such as the woman managing the breakfast and the room staff, appeared to be in their pajamas and were completely unprofessional looking. We make frequent trips to Austin, and this hotel will be forever off our list.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Carly J
Aurora, CO
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had a conference at the major hotel next door with extreme room rates and restaurant prices. The Baymont was in line with my budget and needs especially with room amenities including a refrigerator, microwave, free internet connection, hot and cold breakfast choices and option of being a "green" guest. On property to the Baymont are a Subway's and a Vietnamese restaurant. Both good choices. In fact, people from neighboring hotels kept both restaurants busy every meal! North-next to the Baymont is a gas station-convenience store. Every shift of the Baymont staff were very helpful and had a great attitude. Know that they reflect how upper management value them. Believe me, the Baymont Inn and Suites, South Austin, offers the best complete value in South Austin.

Room Tip: Check room amenities offered along with room rates. Google restaurants, stores and more within walki...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Andy L
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed January 31, 2012

After booking a nonrefundable three day stay through Priceline, I was a bit anxious about the property after reading a host of mixed reviews. However, after experiencing this hotel first-hand, I would recommend this to others as a good value for the money. While it lacks the ambiance of its pricier high-rise neighbors, we found that the room, complimentary breakfast, free internet, and staff were pleasant surprises. It lived up to its 2-1/2 star Priceline rating and 3-star Travelocity rating.

Room Tip: Ask for the two beds instead of king bed if this is important to you; they seemed willing to accommo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family