All reviewsbluebonnet roomhomemade granolaoak suitesouth congressscreened in porchquiet neighborhoodhard boiled eggsbed and breakfastespresso machinewonderful hoststravis heightsclaw foot tubcarriage housemain homehighly recommend this b bthe main housewarm hospitality
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Jimi & Vivian are the BEST!!! Seeing the Fairview’s reviews online I was extremely excited to to stay there. I wasn’t sure on which room to reserve so I called and spoke to Jimi. He provided me with lots of information on their beautiful bed-and-breakfast. (I opted on booking the pecan room) OMG!! I’m soooooo glad I did!! The property itself on where Fairview is located on is gorgeous!!
The Fairview is nestled among beautiful huge oak trees. It’s nice escape from the hustle and bustle of South Congress street, which is about 4 blocks away well within walking distance.
Stepping into pecan room, we were greet with a ice chilled bottle of champagne in celebration of our anniversary. A beautiful screened in porch that overlooks the grounds, and has a awesome view of the oak trees. The pecan bathroom also had a beautiful clawfoot tub.
We chose to take advantage of being close to South Congress street and walked down to enjoy the shops along with Jimi’s wonderful recommendations on restaurants. All of Jimi’s recommendations were spot on, which also lead us to visit the Continental club (which is a must!!).
One of my favorites things on our travels has always been breakfast, and I must say the Fairview’s breakfast did not disappoint!! Everything is super fresh, and homemade all the way down to their yogurt!!! I LOVED everything from their granola, homemade bread (courtesy of Vivian), yogurt, dried cherries, & their breakfast pastries. They also had lots of options on beverages, which include cappuccinos, coffee, tea, sparkling water, orange juice, & milk. I can not wait to come back, and stay a little longer this time.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much, Karina! What a great review!

We are so glad you enjoyed staying in the Pecan Room. It is a favorite for our special guests who are celebrating special occasions and we always like to help our guests celebrate with a complimentary bottle of bubbly.

Hopefully we will see you again at your next anniversary but you don't have to wait that long. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Great experience! Friendly and accommodating bed and breakfast! The room was beautiful. Definitely recommend the Pecan Rm with screened in porch. The breakfast spread was delicious! Highly recommend if you are in the Austin area to stay here for an alternative to hotel travel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thanks Jessica!

We're glad you found our accommodations accommodating. The Pecan Room with it's private porch overlooking the Live Oak trees is pretty special but some of our other rooms are great alternatives too.

Come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

The Fairview provides a lovely quiet neighborhood base for exploring Austin,TX. It's close to restaurants and downtown, and provides a comfortable and historic stay with rooms like the Bluebonnet! Helpful and friendly hosts made me feel right at home in the the living areas, garden, and the breakfast/coffee room.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryAnnArbor2018

Thank you MaryAnn for a lovely review!

Our historic neighborhood is special and we're glad it was a good location for you to explore downtown Austin. The Bluebonnet Room is our smallest but some say it is the cutest.

Come back to visit again. We'd love to help you fell right at home again.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We normally opt for full service hotel but we selected Fairview for the location ... easy four block walk to SoCo (South Congress - a four/five block area with great food and shops that have an up beat casual vibe). A few minutes more and you are at Congress bridge (perfect spot to watch over 1 million bats fly off to feed at sunset).
The star though was the hotel. We were fortunate to have booked the Pecan Room. The room itself was nice, comfy bed, and claw foot tub. The porch though really was special (note: online pics do not to this porch justice). The 2nd floor porch is screened in and overlooks front of hotel. We could hear the birds and insects while sipping our drinks and enjoying a nice breeze.
Our hosts were great with good dining suggestions. Overall five stars for ambiance. Internet was very good as well.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you!

We often say that we're not really the main attraction, Austin and South Congress is - but we're very glad that your "location choice" turned out to be a good "lodging choice" as well. Sounds like you were able to catch many of the nearby local attractions while you were here.

If you missed anything or just want to watch the bats again, please come stay with us again. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We spent three nights at the Fairview. The room we stayed in, the Sunday, was spotless, cool, and gorgeous. The grounds were peaceful and lovely. We felt like we were in a Caribbean oasis, yet just a short walk from SoCo. Breakfasts were delicious, and the hosts so lovely and accommodating (my daughter and I are vegan, and they went out of their way to provide us with delicious breakfasts)! I am hesitant to rave, because I don't want it to be booked when I come back. But if I could give this place 10 stars, I would!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Thank you Kyla for that amazing review!

We're so glad you enjoyed our peaceful oasis here in downtown Austin. We count ourselves very fortunate to live here and to share it with our guests. Special diets are kind of our special thing too so we're glad our vegan breakfast worked out well for you.

Don't worry about us being booked for when you return. We do our best to make room for our return guests and we even give a discount when you make your return reservations through our own website. Just mention that you have stayed with us before.

Hope to see you again!