Hyatt Regency Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$169
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $299/night.

Hilton Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
$127
$120
Hilton.com
The Driskill(Austin)
$170
$159
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$170
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$144
InterContinental
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$95
$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Omni Austin Southpark(Austin)(Great Value!)
$150
$131
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)(Great Value!)
$232
$193
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

All reviewsbluebonnet roomhomemade granolaoak suitesouth congressscreened in porchquiet neighborhoodbed and breakfastespresso machinewonderful hoststravis heightshard boiled eggsclaw foot tubcarriage housemain homehighly recommend this b bthe main housewarm hospitality
Reviewed April 6, 2015

This B&B is so lovely and it is clear that a lot of care was taken to keep the home so lovely. I loved the huge living room area and dining area with the hardwood floors. The building is old, so sound travels but each room is outfitted with a white noise machine. I didn't hear anyone else in the building from my room. The large king-sized bed was very comfortable and I slept soundly. It was wonderful to have gluten-free options for breakfast. Vivian and Jimi emailed me before my arrival to make sure they knew all of my special dietary requests. As someone with celiac disease, this was very comforting! I would definitely stay here again when I return to Austin. It is conveniently located within walking distance of So. Congress Street, a great part of the city. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank GF_Globetrotter
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2015

Thank you GF_Globetrotter, it was wonderful having you here!

We're so happy that we were able to provide you with a totally gluten free breakfast. We do understand the challenges of travelling with special dietary needs and do our very best to make sure all our guests have healthy and safe food options that fit their needs.

Please make sure to come visit us again the next time you find yourself in Austin.

Reviewed March 28, 2015

We had a great stay in the Bluebonnet Room at The Fairview. With instructions for arrival e-mailed before our trip, it was easy and reassuring. The house is beautiful and the homemade breakfast fantastic - especially the granola and cake!
The neighbourhood is great: fantastic to walk around and see the historic houses, yet so close to the bars and shops of SoCo for evening!
Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2015

And we have Fantastic Guests! Thank you for sharing your excitement. We do our best to make it simple to check-in. Our emailed arrival instructions and key-less door locks are a big part of that. We're glad that little detail was reassuring and made it easy for you to stay at The Fairview.

Reviewed March 15, 2015

I could not have asked for a more wonderful, relaxing place to stay in Austin! Before I even arrived, the owners (Jimi and Vivian) emailed me to ask if I had any questions or special requests, which they met 100 percent. Upon arrival, they both greeted me so warmly that I felt like I was visiting friends. I stayed in the Bluebonnet Room, which was spacious, the perfect temperature, immaculately clean, and full of beautiful sunlight. I fell in love with the room and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in outside of my own home. The Fairview cares a lot about details. I was happy to know that a lot of the things I'd get in a hotel, it had -- and more: a big, flatscreen TV, great closet space, earplugs (which you wouldn't need anyway), makeup remover wipes, hairdryer, etc. In addition to the nice breakfast, you can get tea, coffee, sparkling water, etc. at any time.

The inn as a whole is gorgeous. It's very tastefully decorated and you enjoy the architecture of a historic landmark without the clutter or old smell you sometimes get with older B&Bs/inns. It is clean on another level -- I did not see one spot of dust anywhere! The grounds are equally nice -- full of old trees and green space. It's on a quiet, residential street with friendly neighbors and just a few blocks from South Congress with its great shops, restaurants, and nightlife. It's a perfect location.

I loved the people. Jimi and Vivian are at once very sweet and highly professional, happy to offer up any tips on where to go in the neighborhood or city. Louise and Rosemary are also the nicest people ever and will make you feel like you're with old friends. I was sad to leave but happy to know that I'll be back one day. You will love this place!

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank karenina2007
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Thank you so much, we think you're delightful too!

We do our best to respond to special requests and are glad that we were able to take care of yours. Speaking of taking care of you, thanks also for mentioning our two housekeepers, Louise and Rosemary. We are very lucky to have them helping us take care of all our guests.

See you next time you're in Austin!

Reviewed March 15, 2015

Thanks to innkeepers Jimi and Vivian for a warm reception and beautiful accommodations. We stayed in the Sunday House and enjoyed the combination of sleek decór with the warmth of hardwood floors and a beautiful claw-footed tub and shower.

The home baked goodies and home made yogurt and granola were tasty and healthy treats each morning. And the coffee. Well just come taste for yourself. High-end coffee maker with organic beans ground for each cup were superb.

Techies will appreciate the speed and reliability of the wireless internet service throughout the entire grounds.

My lifelong friend from Pennsylvania was charmed by Austin (we arrived a few days before SXSW) AND The Fairview. For me, the trip gave me my much needed fix - Austin is my favorite city AND to relax in accommodations that exceed expectations.

The Ballards and "hands on" owners and their genuine hospitality infuses the stay of every guest.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends

Thank you Susan!

You said it all so perfectly. We do our best to see that all of our guests "get what you stay for" and are so glad that you did.

Hope to see you again soon and please bring some more friends with you to see Austin. We enjoyed visiting with both of you.

Reviewed March 10, 2015

We didn't know quite what to expect as we haven't stayed in B&B's. And we are pretty picky about hotels. But, we decided to try something new for fun and adventure. The Fairview is a delight! The entire home is immaculate...it was spotless. We stayed in the Live Oak room which is huge with 10 foot ceilings, a bath "suite" and all the amenities. We were a bit perplexed with the earplugs that were provided in the room and the white noise machines. We didn't need the earplugs, but we slept so well, we ordered a white noise machine from Amazon for our home before we checked out of the Fairview. There was plenty of space for our fifteen year old daughter and her parents. We loved listening to the birds and gazing out the windows, enjoying the views. It was very restful and calming. The house is beautifully restored and we enjoyed learning about its history and all the special details from the owners. Jimi and Vivian are lovely hosts. Although the Fairview offers a serene atmosphere, it's located right next to trendy SoCo. We didn't have to go far for great restaurants, fun shopping and lots of activity.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family
JimiBallard, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2015

Wow Lynn! You win the prize for best title - "Serenity in Hipsterville". We may have to add that as another tagline for The Fairview, right alongside our own "Get what you stay for".

Thank you so much for all the compliments. We are so lucky to have our wildlife friendly yard full of giant Live Oak trees in our so close to SoCo downtown location. It was great to have your family here as our guests and to share our home with you.

Please come back and visit again when you can.

Jimi & Vivian Ballard