“Breakfast Migas!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 8, 2014

On a food tour with "Austin Eats" our first stop was Torchy's for breakfast. We had the breakfast tacos or Migas and they were fantastic. The eggs, tortilla strips and veggies were in the perfect proportion and the sliced avocado on top made it extra creamy. The verde sauce had a nice tang and the Pico had the right amount of heat. Good portion, one was enough. Sitting at the picnic tables just made the experience that much more fun. Someone in the group also recommended the brisket tacos and will stand in line for an hour to get them. Definitely worth all the positive reviews!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Torchy's tacos are the best! This food truck location is dangerously close to my work and at least once a week they tempt me. Favorites for me include the Democrat - barbacoa with onions, avocado and cheese. Simple construction but perfectly balanced and addictive. The Trailer Park taco is also finger-licking good, especially when ordered "trashy" style. I've yet to try a variety I haven't loved. And, in a town where almost every restaurant has a version of queso on the menu, Torchy's stands out for it's unique deliciousness.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We wanted to experience some food truck dining while in Austin, and Torchy's came HIGHLY recommended. After eating there two times in three days, I can certrainly understand why. The tacos are soooo good!!! Both days we had the Democrat and Baja Shrimp and shared the chips and queso. Super fresh ingredients, fast and friendly service make for a wonderful experience! The line seems long, but it goes really fast and the reason it's so long is because they are just that good!! There are picnic tables outside or there is an open air inside seating area as well if you want out of the elements. There are also bathrooms on the food truck lot, permanant ones, not just portable ones.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate at this location several years ago. I've eaten at Torchy's Tacos before at other locations but there is something about the whole food truck experience that makes this dining experience taste better. The tacos are always fresh (careful, they may be a little on the spicy side). Don't let the long lines scare you. It is worth the wait. Large trees provide plenty of shade for the picnic tables. Some tables have umbrellas too. During peak times parking can be an issue. Packing patience will improve your overall experience. This is one of my favorite food truck locations. I'll definitely come back when I'm in Austin.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Best tacos I have ever had. They were beautiful and delicious. Fresh ingredients, perfect portions, great flavors and variety. My only complaint is about the outdoor seating with the super aggressive birds. Keep your tacos and chips close to you or it will be like an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Other than that it was awesome. Do try the street corn, it is definitely a must.