“Absolute Best Tacos in Texas”

Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park
Ranked #7 of 3,783 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visit Torchy's 2-3 times every time we visit Austin. The food is absolutely the best tacos in Texas.

There are newer reviews for Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The wait in line? Okay. Whatever. No big deal. Met some nice folks and a nice dog. The taste? OUTSTANDING!!! Best soft-shell taco I've ever had. The price? Stupid expensive. $6.00 for a (A...UNO....ONE) taco on a flour tortilla and a bottle of water?? Never again. I HATE Taco Bell but I'll go to Taco Bell for a soft-shell taco before I ever go to Torchy's again.

1  Thank TravellinShutterbug
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! Their shrimp tacos and salsas are really good. The fajita is really tasty and order a basket pf nachos because it comes with an amazing dipping sauce. You will not regret this place! !

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time here and I plan to return because they have so many yummy options. I live at least 60 miles away so I ordered 3 tacos: The Washingtonian which I believe was the Taco of the month and consisted of pulled pork. The Crossroads but I can't remember what's in it. Then the Fried Avocado non-meat taco. They were all very good and I couldn't finish them all. You also have the option of flour or corn tortillas. They have some sides too. Torchy's Tacos was the busiest of the 3 food trailers there. Parking is limited with some spaces in the gravel. I went a little after noon and took the last spot. There were about 5 people in front of me but when I left the line was at least 15+. There are numerous covered picnic tables as well as an indoor dining area with a TV and bathroom. They bring the food to you and you can bring your own drink, buy theirs or drink the free non-bottled water. I know some people may not think a good trailer is worth their time but that's their lost because it's Austin, it's unique and very tasty. We've all been to sit-down restaurants that couldn't top this place so check it out!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am obsessed with the fried avocado tacos at Torchy's. The poblano ranch that comes with them, is to die for. I typically opt for ordering only one, so that I have room for their green chile queso. My husband and I eat Torchy's at almost every opportunity.