“Totally Tasty Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I visited Torchy's Tacos on 1st street with 3 of my girlfriends this past weekend. The food was good and the line moved very quickly. The shrimp and chicken fajita tacos were excellent. But the best part of the meal was the queso dip - simply incredible! 2 Tacos is the perfect amount!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed May 26, 2014

There is a nice atmosphere in this little trailer park. The covered dining area is convenient if it is raining or in the heat of the day . There is always a line but it moves quickly enough. Recently took family from out of town. My nephew couldn't get enough of the Baja shrimp taco. The queso is fantastic with a few nuggets of avacado hidden in there. The Igloo coolers of ice water outside are a nice touch. The only down side is the very limited parking and the d-bags that drive fast through the dirt parking lot and kick up a lot of dust.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We ate at this location, we saw a long line and thought that must be good. We waited in the line and paid and waited about 20 minutes for our $4.50 breakfast burrito. It was eggs and bacon and a tortilla very simple food it was good but overpriced.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a must while in Austin! Close the the University , and downtown. So good we went back twice. Great food and great service.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I know it might sound crazy, but I'm not the biggest queso fan.. I'll eat some if someone orders it but would never do so my self. UNLESS I was at Torchy's, in which case I would order the entire green chile queso in a margarita class and drink it straight! Tacos are very good and have fun funky names like "the Democrat" and "Mr. Pink." You can find cheaper tacos in Austin, but you should really go here because it's such an original staple of the whole trailer park Austin thing. Did I mention the queso? Because it's epic!