“Everything is yummy!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Everything is yummy!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Have tried a fair amount of the tacos and even the breakfast tacos, everything is delish! Especially the Queso. We always order to go so we can pick it up and skip the long lines.

Hartford
“Taco Heaven!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Now I love Tacos. I mean I REALLY love Tacos and find new ways of making them all the time. While I was in Austin, my friend had recommended to me a few places to eat, one being Torchy’s Taco’s in Austin. Let’s just put it this way; I ate at Torchy’s 4 out of 7 days staying in Austin. This place is unreal. Whether you experience the Torchy location in the trailer park or one of their other locations, this place has the most unforgettable tacos!

Try the Brushfire, certainly to be a favorite amongst people who like some heat in their food! It is a jerk chicken taco with grilled jalapenos and mango! Topped with some fresh Pico and you are in for a treat. I also loved the Independent, which was a taco fried Portobello mushrooms, cilantro, avocado and roasted corn. I could have eaten my way through Austin and just not stopped. All the ingredients used are fresh and you could never believe that such delicious and high quality food would come from a food truck. I would have loved to stolen this truck and driven it home and kept it all for myself! This ended up being my favorite spot in Austin and to this day I am still dreaming about the food and can’t wait to get back there again and indulge in their taco creations!

• Visited October 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great tacos”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stopped here during a long weekend visit to Austin. It is in a trailer park of food trucks with ample picnic seating that is actually quite nice on a nice day or evening. Lots of choices of tacos- the queso is delicious, as were the tacos. Most were excellent although the fried avocado taco, while sounding interesting, I would probably not get next time and recommend for vegans only. The street corn is a delicious side item with roasted corn and spices and cheese and was the highlight of the meal. I also had these fried cookie dough balls which were a deliciously warm and indulgent way to end a great meal.

Visited March 2014
Austin, TX
“Top Tacos in Austin”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The idea of the roach coach has come a long way. Torchys tacos serves up some of the best tacos in Austin:
The Democrat: Barbacoa, onions, cilantro. The barbacoa is flavorful, just greasy enough, and not gristly. One of my favorite tacos ever
Trailer Park: Fried Chicken on a taco? Why the hell not. make it trashy and sub queso for lettuce. Your hangover laughs mockingly at lettuce.
There is always a taco of the month that is pure artistry. Try that one too. Whatever it is.
Green Chile Pork Taco: I have friends from Mexico D.F. that say this is the most authentic taco of its type in texas. The pork is perfectly cooked and melts in your mouth.

You will hear Torchy's used often in the same sentence as Taco Deli. I love them both. To ask me to choose would be like asking me to choose between Lucy Liu or Elizabeth Mitchell.

• Visited February 2014
“Torchy's”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Torchy's cures everything! Food is consistently great. I enjoy stopping by for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It's a great casual setting.

• Visited February 2014