“Good tacos but not the "best"”

Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park
Ranked #8 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Durham, North Carolina
“Good tacos but not the "best"”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have been to Torchy's and sampled a variety of their tacos. They are very good but I cannot say they are THE best tacos I have ever had. Their menu is robust and varies greatly, from pulled beef to fried shrimp and everything between. We went at about 1 in the afternoon on the weekend and the line was quite long as it was a beautiful day. The seating area is quite large and they will bring your food to you when you are ready. The problem is the birds. Oh, boy. Not all of the tables have an umbrella and even if you have one you need to be careful or you may get bombed. I stood up to leave and unfortunately for me a bird hit me right on the shoulder. Another table had chips on theirs which were promptly attacked as well. I guess these are the costs of eating outside. Regardless, I would go to Torchy's again but I do not consider it a "must" eat when in Austin.

Austin, Texas
“Highly Overrated”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm going to get crucified for this, but I don't get the obsession with Torchy's. It is good, and I certainly have enjoyed everything I've had there. But it isn't amazing by any means. The Republican and Democrat are my two favorites (interestingly enough), and I certainly wouldn't turn them down, but I would never go out of my way to get any taco served here.

My only guess is that non-Texans have their tacos and, having never had real quality tacos before, freak out over the place. My suggestion? Walk a bit north and swing by La Mexicana.

• Visited December 2013
crittenden,virginia
“best taco ever”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I heard there is always a line to get tacos here, and now I know why. We went about 3 in the afternoon so not as many people, but still people were there, sitting on the picnic tables enjoying a warm winter day. I had the avacado toco and it was wonderful, the fish taco was good too. A fun time in Austin enjoying the tasty food from the trailers and food trucks.

Bradenton, Florida
“Solid lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went with friends on a beautiful weekend day. Tacos were good, guacamole and queso were fantastic. Everyone enjoyed the tacos they got and the staff made sure to give my dog a bowl of water. Nicely done.

suffolk, va
“Fun, fast, fine food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Eating in a trailer park was alittle different for us on our first trip to Austin but that added to the adventure of trying some of the unusual tacos at Torchy Tacos. The fried avacado taco was superb. We all enjoyed eating our tacos under the trees on a beautiful day. Go here and and try one of their amazing atypical tacos. You won't be sorry.

Visited January 2014

Been to Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park? Share your experiences!