“Superb tacos / cool vibe atmosphere”

Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park
Ranked #7 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Torchy's Trailer Park used to be such a small operation... now there are other food trucks that sell coffee and drinks and other snacks! And they have an indoor room you can rent for special occasions or just sit in on a normal hot day. I believe you can get A/C when you rent it but I don't remember it available in June on a normal morning.

My favorite taco is the Democrat, but just about everything is delicious! Bring your dog and sit outside on the picnic tables :). Limited parking but we can usually find a space!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wow! I didn't know a taco could be this good. This place is now a favorite place for my family to eat! We have just moved from Ga & wish they had this restaurant there!!! Get the Trailer park trashy....my favorite!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was on a day trip with the family to celebrate my birthday recently. Torchy's was our first stop. Am I glad it was! I had been here years ago and remembered how good it was.

I had the Crossroads which is a delicious combination of smoked beef brisket with grilled onions, jalapeños, cilantro, jack cheese and a slice of avocado. served with tomatillo sauce on a fresh corn tortilla. We also had a bacon, egg and cheese taco and a beef fajita. Everything was just excellent! So what's the big deal? FRESH INGREDIENTS, and some good ol' Texas culinary creativity!

We chose the trailer park location which is a great place to take someone to introduce them to Austin (followed by a jump in Barton Springs!). The atmosphere is, let's just say, eclectic and funky. To remember the day, I bought home a bottle of Torchy's hot sauce. Give Torchy's a try! Some of the best breakfast taco's (with a twist) that I've ever had!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I got three different types of tacos and they were all good but way too much money for what you get. I'm hispanic and tacos usually sell for $1.50 - $2.00 a piece on average. Torchy's has their tacos for $4-$6 a piece. I did enjoy the meal but can get good tacos at tons of other places for a hell of a lot less and just as good, however the trailer park taco was delicious and like nothing I've ever had.

1  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Everything I ate here was so fresh, so flavorful, and so good. Their chipotle salsa has such an awesome flavor profile, the pork on the carnitas tacos was perfect, and the spice/seasoning on their tuna tacos was incredible. And...they're very affordable for what you get. You'll be here if you like good food.