“Trailer Park Deliciousness!”

Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park
Ranked #6 of 3,683 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Elgin, Texas
“Trailer Park Deliciousness!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter heard about this place through a friend from California so she insisted we eat here. Our first experience to eat from a trailer, but we have been return visitors a number of times. Eating under the shade trees is not bad even in the summer. Although there are other Torchy's, this is the original and worth the experience. We try different tacos each time and are never disappointed. I personally love the guacamole and chips along with my taco, and my husband likes the queso. Each time he asks me if I want to meet him at Torchy's, the answer is a resounding, "Yes!" It is very Austintacious!

• Visited August 2012

Canada
“Best ever!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a popular chain, and I was taken there by a group of 7 or 8 locals who swear it is their favorite place, and I can see why. My fried avocado taco, delicious with an entire avocado dipped and lightly fried, was so good that I went back and had another taco stuffed with a salmon filet and a mound of veggies.

I will definitely be back to Torchy's next time I'm in Austin!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Small space, big flavors”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After riding all the way around the town lake, Torchy's just hit the spot. Don't miss the chile con queso with taco chips. We also had salmon tacos which were just delicious. And sitting outside on a beautiful day people watching was the best.

• Visited May 2013
Texarkana, Texas
“Eating with the locals”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I read about Torchy's in the Southern Living magazine. Glad I did. Great food and casual environment under the shade of a large oak tree. Queso and chips were delicious as were our tacos. A must try if you are in Austin.

• Visited May 2013
Austin
“The best Taco Truck in Town”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The taco-stand trailer that overlooks Bouldin Creek has a devoted following for its Migas Tacos in the mornings (eggs, green chilies, Pico de Gallo, cheese and avocado), and a dozen or so varieties, like shrimp with cooked cabbage and creamy chipotle sauce, and roasted pork with green chilies and queso fresco, served late into the evening.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park? Share your experiences!