“Tacos Tacos Tacos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park

Torchy's Tacos - Trailer Park
Ranked #7 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas
“Tacos Tacos Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I adore Torchy's. The diablo sauce is zesty and sweet but oh so hot! It needs to go on everything. The queso is phenominal, loaded with fresh guacamole, and of course, diablo sauce! My favs are the Mr Pink (Seared tuna) and the Crossroads (pork, spicy!). :)
Take the time to take some togo.

Visited November 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Terrific Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you're in Austin you must try Torchys. They have a wide variety of options and each one is fantastic. The brisket and pulled pork tacos are my personal favorites. I haven't tried their breakfast tacos, but I hear great things. The only downside is the size and location. The place only has about 5-6 tabels inside and 4-5 tables outside...so you'll be waiting in a line. Parking is also an issue. They have about 5 spots available for customers, so you have to park on the street or across it in most cases.

Visited January 2013
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Torchy's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to Austin in Jan 2013 for an interview. During my stay, a friend from San Marcos visited me and we ate at the Torchy's on Guadalupe. This place is definitely worth all the hype! Oh my god!

Some have said this place is expensive...please eat at a restaurant in Boca Raton, FL and compare the prices before you believe that. Lunch/dinner tacos will run you $4-5/pop, so depending on how much you need to eat, you will spend between $8-15 on the tacos. I got a fountain soda (had to try Doppelganger for my husband, their cane sugar Dr. Pepper analog) and 2 tacos, and spent $11. How is that a lot of money?

Anyway, you can choose between "there" and "to-go," so we decided to sit. You order, find a seat and wait, and they call your ticket number when your food is ready.

I got the Democrat and the Mr. Pink. Dem has beef in it, Mr. Pink has tuna. Both were really delicious. I was excited to eat here also because my friend is a vegetarian, and they have 3 veggie tacos. She got the Dirty Sanchez (eggs) and the Fried Avocado (like it sounds), and very much enjoyed hers as well. It was very busy with college kids when we got there, and had to share one chair between the 2 of us outside until a couple left halfway through our meal, but to me that is a minor detail. They staff was pretty friendly and we got our food fast, so I would love to eat at Torchy's again...and again, and again, and again.

1 Thank Meagan D
Portsmouth, RI
“Tasty Tacos in Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nothing like a roadside stand to bring homemade taste and prices to the masses. Good spot for a delicous lunch. You won't be disappointed!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Geneva
“Best tacos in Austin.. and the cheapest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great local fast-food place (with a couple of restaurants as well as the food truck on S. 1st street). Fantastic queso with guacamole, salsa, too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles