“Great House, Spectacular View, Warm Hosts”
Review of La Villa Vista

La Villa Vista
Ranked #10 of 36 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We booked the whole house for a week-long visit to Austin with our extended family of 10 peple, from a two year old nephew to an eighty year old grandfather. We arrived to find a large Italian style villa overlooking Lake Travis. The house proved to be ideal for our vist.
- All of the rooms had spectacular views of the lake as did the pool and jacuzzi.
- The house had enough common living area to allow ten people to spread out comfortably and do different activities (reading, movies, eating, cooking etc).
-The hosts were warm, helpful, and available, while being completely non-intrusive
-The house was in tranquil surroundings but close to central Austin (fifteen min from the capitol building)

The house is built on three levels with staircases and is furnished with nik-naks that immediately prompted anxieties about the the two year old. Our hosts were very mellow and accommodating and encouraged us to move things around to suit ourselves. This was easily accomplished and the kids were able to run around without breaking anything.

We would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend it to other visitors.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2010

The views at this place are amazing and we had a perfect sunset to watch from our private balcony overlooking the lake. I also loved the cozy, welcomed guest feel I received that you typically do not get from a hotel. It was almost like I was staying the night at a really rich relatives house instead of at a B&B. If you are looking to stay in beautiful location with a "welcome, come on in" atmosphere then I would highly recommend that you book your stay at the La Villa Vista.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

This was my first experience with a Bed and Breakfast so I wasn't really sure what to expect, however, it was a very pleasent experience. Eva and her husband made my wife and I feel right at home. The view from the balcony (when the weather permitted) was spectacular and the rooms were very comfortable.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

BEST place EVER!! Phenomenal view and Eva was the sweetest and most helpful hostess!

1  Thank jsalas979
Reviewed February 2, 2010

If you haven't been to La Villa Vista in the last couple of years, then you haven't been to La Villa Vista. Ken and Eva have done so many needed improvements that you won't really recognize the place. They have added a hot tub to the pool area, additional deck space off the main living area, and an additional deck from one of the downstairs rooms. They have also turned what was a cramped room at the top of the Villa into a penthouse with both a sunset AND a sunrise observation deck.

I have hosted many events at La Villa Vista and I'm always pleased with the response from my clients. If you ever get the opportunity to host a wedding or business meeting in Austin. Be sure to look into La Villa Vista.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lucidlife
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My husband and I had the honor of staying at La Villa Vista in the Tuscany Suite for our anniversary. It was our first experience at a B & B and we were very pleasantly surprised with our experience.

Eva made our stay very comfortable and treated us like royalty....she was the perfect host!

Thank you Eva for the great conversation during our last wonderful breakfast with you.

Robby & Kristie

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I have been searching for a wedding venue in Austin for months, and I happened to accidentally find La Villa Vista one day when I was driving around Lake Travis. I was stunned when I arrived and walked in to an immaculate mansion that seemed to be right out of it's time. I was greeted by Eva, the owner, who took time to give me a tour the day before Thanksgiving when she was preparing dinner for dinner for her family. Eva is an artist and a professional interior decorator, as an artist myself, I was taken when I saw her decor and amazing art throughout the venue. Outside on the veranda, where my wedding will be held, is one of the most breathtaking views of Lake Travis. The villa is located down the road from the Oasis, so if you have ever seen the view from the restaurant you will know exactly the view I am am referring to. On top of the glamour and sophistication of this villa, she also helped me plan my wedding, decor, and provided so much more than any other venue in Austin I futily searched. I was elated when we sat down and went over the cost! How could this be! It was a wedding prayer come true! She took so much of the planning and stress away in less than one hour. She has stayed in contact with me through the whole process and I am so relieved to know that she will be there until the last guest leaves to make sure my big day is flawless and fierce down to the last detail!! If you are looking for an elegant, glamourous and tasteful event that your guests will never forget, this is your place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
The Fairview
The Fairview
#2 of 36 in Austin

Been to La Villa Vista? Share your experiences!