Review Highlights

from $37.90
from $49.00
from $54.13
More Info
All reviews movie experience dinner and a movie south lamar sing alongs great concept unique experience slaughter tickets cinematic films lobby viewing venues downtown
Reviewed June 22, 2018

My husband and I saw Incredibles 2 at Alamo Drafthouse and even though it was almost sold out and we had to sit in the second row, we had a wonderful time. The servers were very attentive and the food was super delicious. Before the movie they make a specialized preview made just for that movie, so for this one it was a summary of the first Incredibles which was great to watch before the second one. They had specialized appetizers named for the new Jurassic movie (Tricera"tots) and drinks (DrankoSaurus) which made it all the more fun and they were all delicious. A very enjoyable time!

2  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I love coming to Alamo Drafthouse! The food is consistently delicious and the service is attentive. Love the free popcorn refills!

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Located in the heart of 6th Street this movie theater is a must place to check out.

This theater has two screens where theater #1 one is much larger than the other. You will find the same menu items like the others. The restrooms are super nice and clean. The seating here is chairs with a long table in front. You will find it crawling under table to get to your seat much easier that trying to make your way across. The sound and video are spectacular. There is no parking here so you have to find a spot somewhere downtown or ride share.

On this occasion I was attending the ATX Television Festival where many events were held here. The staff performed a great by quickly taking orders, and serving drinks and food. They also made sure the guests waiting in line outside in the sun and heat were hydrated by handing out free water.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Food and beverage service to your comfy seat.

On site bar if you’re looking for adult cooking beverages.

Decent food.
Quality sound and picture!

Reviewed April 21, 2018

We had the WORST experience at the Alamo tonight. We were kicked out of the theater in such an awful manner by Andrea our waitress. We were treated like criminals! My 12-year old son and I went to see Black Panther - a movie that you'd think would be popular with 12- year old African-American kids. The movie was almost sold out so my son had the seat in the row DIRECTLY BEHIND ME although the seats right next to me were empty when the movie started. Andrea was so loud and rude telling me how my 12-year old could not sit anywhere other that directly beside me in the movie. I said ok - that he could sit in the empty seat next to me and if anyone showed up we'd leave. She started yelling at me that I have obviously had not ever visited the Alamo before and that she would "not allow" my son to sit next to me even though the seats were empty and the Alamo supposedly has a policy about not entering the movie after it has started. Everyone around us was taken aback at her tone and belligerence - none more so that my horrified son. Andrea told me to go get a refund in the lobby. When I went to the lobby and politely asked for a refund, I was told since I bought the tickets on Fandango, the theater would not refund my money. I asked to speak to a manager (Josh) who was also rude and I this point I was literally near tears with anger at how we were being treated. It sounds ridiculous to say that but everyone was so rude. While Josh was refunding my $$ (with no rcpt) I checked the Fandango site and NOWHERE when I bought my tickets to a Marvel movie did it say my son had to sit directly next to me. When I pointed this out to Josh, he said he was not responsible for what the Fandango site said. I am NEVER returning to any of the Alamo Theaters. Tonight was a joke.

3  Thank Sonja S
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The theatre is a little worn- but the staff was attentive and fun. Enjoyed having dinner while we watched a movie. The pizza I had was a little cold, but not too bad. My companions had burgers and they were great.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The annual SXSW mob arrived for the film festival which had taken over most of the auditoriums. We were booked to see a film not on the festival bill, the excellent satire “The Death of Stalin”, during its only run in Austin but the fluid demands of SXSW caused our flick to be moved to another auditorium. This created confusion for us on the day before the premiere. A phone call and email expedited our efforts to be in the right place at the the right time. We got energetic, customer focused service from Ryan Schibi and his crew and two free tickets for our nominal inconvenience.

The burger meal was tasty and satisfying, the wait staff efficient and unobtrusive.

BTW the movie was a great political satire based on scarily real events.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar used to be a bit of a grand old dive surrounded by some fairly crappy and bizarre shops; it was part of old Austin — which in terms of movies had that Jackie Brown, John Waters, Martin Scorsese kind of vibe. Sadly this location has been surrounded by mid-rise apartment complexes containing hipster bars and coffee joints with a lot of people saying the word ‘like’ to the point that any non ‘like’-er wants to scream.
The Alamo is still a great place to get decent food and a bucket of Lone Star while you watch a movie, and they do still run sing-alongs and that sort of thing. I’m, like, not sure how much of old Austin has avoided this destiny, but it’s hard to see some of the classics succumb.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

even if you don't want or need dinner with you movie, this is the place to go! They have great food, maybe a bit pricy for some things but soda/iced tea habe free refills. The popcorn (regular) is good and they give you a very big bowl to share and it also has free refills...mmm nom nom! They have stadium type seating and you can now pick and choose where you want to sit when you buy your tickets either online or at their register. I recommend online of you're going to a brand new movie so you can reserve 'choice' seating in advance. Seats are comfy and of you're with a partner, you can even put the arm rest up and away and snuggle a bit closer. Also if you're wide hipped and there's nobody sitting next to you, its nice to be able to put up the arm rest to give your hips more room so you're more comfortable. There's also some spots in some of the theaters for wheel chairs I believe but please check their website first to make sure. Also it's great because there's no tolerance for talkers or cell phones once the movie starts!! Seat prices are comparable with any other theater. They also have student discount, not sure abt military, vets or seniors. Recommended!!

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Really takes dinner and a movie to a new level! Highly recommend their milkshakes. Be aware they are very strict about no talking or cell phones (even at the rowdy viewings). I will say at it did take them over 45 minutes to bring my husband his second drink, so that was a downfall.