We stayed at this B&B in conjunction with a conference and were looking forward to a pleasant stay as it was advertised as a lakeview room for $250 a night. We found a few things lacking in such an expensive place, but probably would not be writing this had things not gone downhill in a hurry. When we checked in, we were not told when or where breakfast was to be served. As were were attending an event that started at 9:30, we went to the office to check on breakfast after 9:00. The owner was in the adjoining kitchen. She first ignored us, then told us impatiently the coffee was outside. When we inquired about breakfast, we were told it would be up shortly and by the way, "get the hell out of my kitchen." We have stayed in many B&B's over the years, but have never been treated this way. Other problems were:
1. Used towels were not replaced.
2. The coffee served in the room was grocery store coffee in a used baggie. Teas also seemed old.
3. There was no hair dryer. We asked for one, and promised one, but it was never furnished.
4. The view of the lake was miniscule.
5. A loud party occurred on the outside deck below us on the second night. It went on into the night and was advertised by signs posted around the B&B. Most B&B's are quiet couple retreats, so this was very unusual.
6 . The breakfast served was scrambled eggs with undercooked sausage and dried up jellies served in little containers like you get in cafes. It was unspreadable. The fruit was mushy and appeared to be serveral days old. Most B&B's serve elegant, delicious food.
7. Light bulbs were missing.
When we asked for a refund, we were given token refund and a gift certicate for a future stay, which we don't intend to use.
- Also Known As:
- Robin`s Nest b&b
- Robin`s Nest Hotel Austin