WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Well it wasn't horrible...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 40 Austin B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Texas
“Well it wasn't horrible...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I usually go to a great B&B in San Antonio for our anniversary but this year we decided to head to Austin and try something new. I should have gone with my gut when it took them almost a week to confirm our reservation. Upon arrival I felt that the lady checking us in was frazzled and that she was rushing us to get our motorcycle untrailered and settled in. After that we were taken up to the Western Room that per the web site boasted beautiful views of the lake. All we seen were trees; enough trees that even if the lake wasn't 50 feet down we still wouldn't have been able to see it. The room itself smelled a little musty and didn't have its own have its own thermostat to control the temperature, so it was slightly on the warm side. While tastefully decorated when I put our carry-on sized suitcase on the bed it visibly sagged in the middle, I would highly suggest support slats under the box springs! We were told that breakfast would be served around 9-9:30 when it finally arrived after 10 it was cold and wasn't very appetizing (scrambled eggs are not suppose to be runny). After choking down "brunch" we did the tourist thing for a couple of hours to return to a room that hadn't been freshened up (bed remade, garbage taken out, that kind of thing) and the fresh towels were left in a dirty chair on the deck by the room door. So very disappointed in the whole Robin's Nest experience, especially for the rate!! How this place was voted best b&b on lake Travis is beyond me... My guess is all the others have folded with the decline of the lake and they got the title by default. Will not ever stay with them again and would not recommend to anyone either!!

Room Tip: Western room doesn't have it's own thermostat and you can hear when the water runs in all th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank PrairiePrinces327
Rmaisel48, Owner at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Your 1st line is very kind. However ,it is usual and customary To contact the management ;in a hotel a gust would call the front desk so your problems can be addressed.
We have upgraded guest If there expectations are not met. A happy gust is a return guest.
In a restaurant. You would send the meal back. I would complain if my meal was cold too. If only you would have called Robin she lives on the property. The number is in every room.
Thank you for your input. It helps us to address any problems. My staff is terrific. We just want our guest to be happy. I'm doing most of the bookings to ensure no one is misled. The view is from the Westervis there since the lake is finally back up. Please give us another try midweek on the house. Thanks, Robin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Every single staff member here is the nicest person I've ever met. First it started on the phone, answering politely and with humor. I wanted a "get-away" and I'm so lucky I got a room here, because another fellow was booking my same day. You can see the water from the hug porch and swing, as well as the patio I was given in the Main House. Breakfast gets served in bed! Me and my girlfriend were so impressed by this place we stayed two night's. And... the owner's names is Robin, how clever. I'm picky with reviews, but this place really impressed me. I'll be recommending to my parents.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Benjamin M
Rmaisel48, Owner at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Better late than never! I want to thank you for your delightful review. This is why I keep doing what in doing. Ifs so nice to share the place I love with guest like you.
To see this really brightens my day.
Thank you , Robin.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here at Robin's Nest a few weeks ago on a mini getaway. I was looking for something quaint and private yet warm and welcoming and that is exactly what I got. When we pulled up, we were promptly greeted by "By Golly" (yes, that's his name), the sweetest little mutt ever. Our room, The Perch, was immaculate. It was like being at Grandmas house without all the breakable stuff. Very rustic decor was intricately placed about the room to add a welcoming aura that engulfed us as soon as we entered the room. The ginormeous tub easily accommodated two people, with room on the ledge to place bottles in the bucket provided with ice from the fridge downstairs. The balcony had a mini fridge, a table with four chairs, a swing, and a hammock to boot. There was a private staircase that led to the patio, allowing direct access to and from the room without having to pass through the main house if desired, which was an added bonus to intimacy. In the hallway outside of my room I found some family classics such as Farkle, a puzzle, backgammon, and my absolute favorite, monopoly, which came in handy when entertaining a guest later on the second evening. In the morning coffee was promptly served at 8:30, with our choice to dine inside or out. We opted to eat outside as the weather was lovely, and our breakfast was served piping hot. Both meals we had consisted of some form of egg, some form of starch, some form of meat, and some form of fruit, all of which were fresh and delicious. The portion sizes were just right, by the last bite I was full but not hurting. The last day we were there, we were chatting with Ramona whom had prepared our breakfast and she offered us a tour of the grounds. We were shown the other houses and rooms and walked down by the water to stumble across Bubba, the grounds handyman. He has the most beautiful collection of bonsai trees, absolutely stunning. Some of them are over 100 years old and produce the most vibrant pink flowers. We enjoyed a nice gardening conversation as he humbly shared his collection with us. For me this was icing on the cake, nice people with good food and great service. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to get away and be well taken care of. I am glad we went and can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon W
This is such an outstanding review that I wanted to thank you. Please come stay in another room so you can write a similar description for us. Ha.
Seriously we loved having you.
Thanks for sharing with others. It's been too long. Comeback and see the upgrades.
Robin.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property is amazing and the each room has its own theme and warm inviting feel. Allison is the best innkeeper. She made sure our stay we wonderful. Breakfast is yummy, can't complain about a home cooked breakfast while nesting in the hills. Robin has created a little nest of paradise that I would recommende to anyone. The perfect balance of privacy and help when assistance when needed. I stayed one night on a business trip and was so impressed that I booked valentines day weekend. This place is truly awesome.

Room Tip: The perch! In the main house is like staying in a tree house with all the luxury.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's so nice of you to take the time to post a review. Alison isn't with us at this time. I adore Traci and Don , our new innkeepers.
They are from a 22 room inn in Marfa Texas. She has added some great new dishes sa well.
Please come back and identify yourself soon .
Hughes Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience here two years ago and full well planned to return. The manager took both our email addresses for us to be aware of special pricing weekends. The place is beautiful and the experience is wonderful, however, if you expect a followup via your email you could be disappointed. We have not heard a single word from them since we left. We have since moved about eight hours away and although it would be a nice get-a-way for us, the lack of customer care has put a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie K
I apologize for not getting back to you promptly. Thank you for your review
Please come back whenever so we can spoil you.
Let me know it you !
Thanks again, Robin
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful holiday at Robin's nest. It was so peaceful, full of wonderful wild life, birds, squirrels and two very friendly ducks who swam with us on the lake and accompanied us up the back to the property. The lake was lovely to swim in warm water, but not too warm as it has cold water springs which fed into it, which made it refreshing. There was also a boat which we had fun using on the lake. We had a scrumptious breakfast everyday, and it was always different. Alison who works there was so friendly as were the rest of the staff including by-golly the puppy, so we felt very much at home. I would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: all the rooms are lovely very unusual, the property is really nice and quiet, you can just hear bird...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joannaokeefe
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Lovely garden, charming room (we had the boatroom) & really nice breakfast. Our own little patio and the staff are super friendly. Highly recomended!!
Now going down for a swim at the Lake, just at the other end of the garden :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Casa del Sol Bed and Breakfast at Lake Travis
Roli's Bed and Breakfast
Roli's Bed and Breakfast
#20 of 40 in Austin

Been to Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!