“Great Condition, Great Location, Great Service”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #57 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Condition, Great Location, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport while here on business recently and what a pleasant surprise. This was not like most of the Courtyards by Marriott. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, and a fantastic location. I have this one on my list for return visits. Very Nice

1 Thank P51rayf
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Spent 1 night, needed to be near the airport, staff was very corteous and helfpul, rooms are clean, spacious and bed was comfortable. Free parking as I was driving, but if you're not there's a shuttle service to the airport. And downtown is 10' away. I'd definitely reccommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for the great review!

Our location is very convenient to downtown, and we offer complimentary shuttle service seven days per week.

We hope to see you again on your next visit.
San Marcos, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed in a lesser room than our last stay. The head of the bed is up against the bathroom. Not the best configuration. Front desk was efficient but not overly friendly. Love the fruit infused water. Limited food options around the hotel but a decent lobby bar.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I am glad to learn you enjoyed the shuttle service and fruit infused water!

Your comment about the friendliness of the front desk is concerning. We work hard to find and train exceptionally friendly team members and take feedback very seriously.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience personally off line. I can be reached at 512 386 7464.
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We wanted to make sure we caught our flight to Cancun in the morning, so we booked the Courtyard, and off to our flight. by the Airport.
Staff was great, and made us feel welcome. Only took 5 minutes to get to car rental return

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for the good review.

I am glad to learn you enjoyed your time with us. We are always looking to improve, and we would love to know what we can do to earn a 4 or even 5 star review!
Campbell, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The location is close to the airport. As long as I have been staying here, there has always been constant construction. Getting in and out onto the expressway is horrendous. I would recommend staying closer to downtown since there isn't a lot of restaurants close by. There is a waffle house that is open 24 hours next door. The outside decor is old. There seems to be an abandoned hotel next door. Basically, the entire area needs a face lift.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the backside of the hotel since there is a lot of noise coming from the expressw...
Green Features: None that I can tell. It's Texas. What do you expect.
1 Thank Anthony L
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Road construction on Ben White Blvd sometimes creates traffic issues. The good news is that the project is progressing and when complete should be a huge improvement.

Dining options within walking distance are limited to the Waffle House, Javi's Tex-Mex, Starbucks, Subway, and Denny's. We offer complimentary shuttle service to locations within a two mile radius of the hotel, which includes several more restaurants.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here back in March, the 16th-18th, I'm just writing this review as Trip Advisor does not allow instant reviews when your 1st and 2nd visits are close in dates. My 1st stay was in January, wrote a review, stayed in March, but was not allowed to write a review when I got back home.

Cons: None that I can remember. Even though it was during that music festival and there were tons of people, there was no noise on my floor!

Pros:
The room: nice and comfortable. Restrooms are nice and huge!

The breakfast: I loved it! I liked the buffet, even though I had to pay since I didn't get a package like the 1st time, it was worth the 9.99 plus tax!

The manager on duty that Sunday/Monday. I'm saying this because whoever was on duty those 2 days gave me a free breakfast buffet the 2nd morning! It was very appreciated or maybe because I used my Marriott Rewards those 2 evenings?

The shuttle service: it was great and I enjoyed the elderly man who worked Tuesday morning and took me to the airport! He was very nice!

Let me say I stayed at a nice hotel this past weekend that was not part of The Marriott, since I'm a member of 2 reward programs. Anyways I was disappointed in my stay with that hotel, because they are supposed to be top notch! I kept on comparing my experiences with the Courtyard and I can now say I prefer and will stay with Courtyard from now on!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you the great review!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Fortunately the front desk staff save the hotel from a one, very helpful front desk staff, but the only reason they had to go the extra mile, is because the hotel ownership/management did not. First, the hotel is in an area with lots of construction, where some of the exits are closed. Now that is not the hotels problem, but it is apparent to me that this has been the case for a while and there is not mention of this on the website and the building is dark and hard to see. Even the La Quinta nearby is illuminated by flood lights, NOT THE COURTYARD, so if you don't catch the small Courtyard Sign, floating in the darkness, you will drive right by. Just in-case the building was not dark enough, the parking lot has SEVERAL, that is more than two, so my wife would have never stayed here on biz alone and I would have been &$()#@*%), had I not been with her, I might add the property buts up against a trailer park. The printer did not work for printing airfare and the shower and bed sheets were dirty. The property appears to have gone through a renovation in the past decade, but apparently upkeep is not ownerships first priority. For any other chain, this may be a three, but this is a Courtyard by Marriott and I expect more. This could be a nice option near the airport, but unfortunately, it is not.

1 Thank jerrythetraveler
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I appreciate your kind remarks about our front desk team!

You are correct that there is a construction project on the highway outside the hotel. This can sometimes cause exits to close, move and reopen without notice. To add to the confusion, City of Austin regulations prohibit us from installing signs on the highway or uplighting the building!

We are working to find a way to make the hotel more visible while remaining in compliance with city code. Until we find that solution, the Waffle House and 7 Eleven make great landmarks.