“Friendly staff and convenient access to airport”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #60 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard for one night before heading home and couldn't have been happier with my stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the property has great access to the airport. Restaurants are in the vicinity if you have a car.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to learn you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

After being overseas for many years it was awesome to stay with an A+ hotel that provided exemplary service and attention to detail. Great customer service from the staff and especially Shoshanah and Shelby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, and will share your comments with Shoshanah, Shelby and the rest of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Austin area.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I let my guard down and did not ask for a room away from elevator....checked into 420 and unless you like a annoying hum in your room--dont stay within 4 rooms of elevator. They moved me to 414 and it was louder... 1 door from elevator.. Finally settled into 531 and it was great!

Avoid any room ending in 14 or 20.

great staff--but dissapointed this did not have the updated lobby which many airport Courtyards have.

Room Tip: avoid rooms near elevator
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am glad to learn that we were able to get you into a room that met your needs, although I was sorry to see that we did not get you the room you wanted on the first try!

We are currently scheduled to have a full lobby renovation in late 2014, including the Bistro and Starbucks coffee.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend and I really enjoyed it! No complaints! The rooms were nice and spacious, bed was comfortable, and restroom was nice and big! I also liked that I was on the 4th floor and the cleaning ladies started early. Loved the breakfast buffet, I have been to other hotels and breakfast was not so great. Maritza and Gabi were friendly! Liked the shuttle service as well. Next time I will have to stay during the weekday so I can get a chance to go to the bar :-) Thanks for everything and the price I paid for 2 nights was affordable!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We are glad to hear that you have no complaints with your stay! This means we are doing something right! Maritza and Gabi are wonderful during our breakfast hours and we will be sure to let them know of your kind words. We look forward to hosting your during your next visit to Austin, TX!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our flight arrived in the evening and we had no need to rent a car that night. Renting a car at Austin Airport is very expensive due to the excessive airport taxes and fees. So we took advantage of the hotel's shuttle service back to the airport and then caught the $1 metro bus downtown next morning to rent a car without the large fees. The car was then returned to the airport at the end of the trip without penalty.

Our room was very comfortable and clean and the staff welcoming. As other reviewers have said, Jen at the bar/restaurant is very efficient. It's not a full-service restaurant like you would find at a larger hotel. The food is typical bar food but well-prepared. We enjoyed having a drink and visiting with the other guests. Breakfast next morning was a cut above the typical hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CARLA M
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We are glad to hear that you were able to use the complimentary shuttle service to/from Austin Bergstrom International Airport, which helped you get to Downtown without a car! We thank you for the kind words about Jen as we know how great she is in the bar! She creates a fun and exciting atmosphere. We thank you for letting us know how wonderful the breakfast buffet is! We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin, TX!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I picked this hotel due to a late arrival and wanted a place close to the airport. We rented a car, and while the hotel was only 1.5 miles away, it was a bit difficult to find. Hotel is in excellent shape. Clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. One of the few times I've stayed at a hotel that isn't located downtown that you have to pay for breakfast. Price for the hotel was excellent, but if I figure in cost of breakfast, I can get a better deal at another hotel close to the airport. I've booked this hotel on a return trip but will probably switch due to that cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport. We appreciate knowing that we are upholding our mission of being the "cleanest and friendliest" hotel in Austin! We are happy to see that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to/from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. We do charge for breakfast due to the great value in having the option to go through our buffet that offers hot and fresh eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, waffles, and fruits, or to order your own meal. We hope to see you again in your future visits to Austin.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 3 young adult sons after arriving on a late flight on December 18. The hotel was nice enough for it's class. But I cannot say enough about the exceptional and friendly service. We rented a 2 room super king suite - one of the few area hotels that would allow 5 persons in one room. We had requested a rollway on top of the king bed and pull-out sofa furnished in the room. I called the day of our reservation to remind the staff about the rollaway bed as past experience has shown these kind of details are often overlooked on reservations at many hotels. To my pleasant surprise, I was told by a cheerful agent that the rollaway bed was noted on our reservation and would be in our room upon arrival. It was.

The exceptional service continued at the airport. The complimentary shuttle service provided by Shelby was complete with a friendly smile and interactive personality that made us feel like we were coming to visit her home and were welcomed guests. Our flight had arrived late in the evening so we asked Shelby about nearby places to eat. As we were not planning to pick up our rental car til the next day and were tired, Shelby gladly offered to shuttle us over to a nearby Denny's with the hotel van. I cannot remember encountering this level of "I am here to serve you" spirit in all our years of travel.

After arriving back at the hotel after our meal, we saw that the size of the pullout couch mattress was only big enough for 1 1/2 persons (this was the only negative about our stay). I inquired at the office (again with Shelby) about the availability of an additional roll-away bed. She gladly said she would check the supply and found one to suit our needs and personally brought it up to the room within just a few minutes. This allowed each grown son to have his own bed in the room. When we asked for additional sheets, pillows, and blankets, Shelby, again, accommodated with a smile and eagerness to please. We all slept great.

The exceptional service didn't stop there. All of the hotel staff we encountered during our stay were friendly and helpful, including our waitress at breakfast (believe here name was Gabi) and our shuttle driver back to the airport at noon the next day to pick up our rental car. The complimentary chocolate chip cookies and free apples in the lobby are also a very nice touch. (The cookies were out of this world!)

BTW - The $9.95 full breakfast buffet was well worth it. Some comparable area hotels may offer free breakfasts, but we would have had to rent two rooms for our family of 5 and would have ended up paying much more in total for our stay. We were not charged for either roll away - I asked the desk agent at check-out about this to ensure it was not an oversight. She indicated they don't charge for roll-aways (at least with this room.)

With all of theses pluses, and the incredible, exceptional service I can guarantee you we would stay here, again, in a heartbeat when in the Austin area. Marriot, you should work to hang on to the staff at this hotel!!! They understand service!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Austin Airport! We are ecstatic to hear that our associates are carrying out our mission of being the "cleanest and friendliest" hotel possible! We will be sure to inform everyone of your kind words about the great service that you have received, as they enjoy the feedback from their hard work!

We take great pride in knowing that all of our guests are accommodated and given the best service possible.

We look forward to hosting you and your family during your next visit to the Austin area!