“Nice Courtyard”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #60 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a nice Courtyard. Our room was neat and smelled fresh. The bathtub/shower tile and grout were clean, no mildew or caulk, a nice change from many hotel bathrooms. The toilet was running constantly when we first got to our room. I contacted the front desk and a maintenance man showed up promptly and fixed the issue.

The location, at the intersection of Ben White and Riverside makes getting to the downtown, South Congress area very quick and easy.

The in-room coffee provided leaves much to be desired, but otherwise, no complaints. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces East, so if you don't want early sun, ask for a rear facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4gentexn
AUSRN, Director of Sales at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Next time you're here, the coffee is on us! We provide fresh coffee 24 hours a day in our lobby area with your choice of flavored creamers.

We're so happy you were able to enjoy downtown while you were here. Being on Riverside really does give you a straight shot to the downtown area.

And thank you so much for the feedback! We pride ourselves in cleanliness and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you soon,
The Courtyard Team

Reviewed December 6, 2012

During my recent stay, the Front Desk personnel (Dorothy) provided me with a training route (run) which was safe and convenient, and also restaurant recommendations which were excellent. I travel 75% of the time for business, so I will return to this hotel! Great service and location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
AUSRN, Director of Sales at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words!
It was truly a pleasure taking care of a fellow runner and I look forward to hosting your next stay with us!

If I may ever be of service, please contact me directly so that I may continue to provide you with an excellent stay experience in Austin!

Warmest Wishes,
Dorothy

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel staff was excellent when I checked in. I was on the phone, distracted and they did a good job getting me set without me having to disconnect. The complimentary gift waiting in my room was deeply appreciated.

After several long working hours in the room, I went downstairs for directions for fastfood places. Your OUTSTANDING bartender Jennifer Elliott greeted me with the sincerest, friendliest smile in Austin, TX. She made excellent recommendations for beverages and food.

Watching and listening her work and greeting each customer, like their her personal friends, sets an exemplary model all staff members should pattern. I could write on and on but just watch work for an hour and you'll understand you have your next staff manager.

Room Tip: Stay at the Austin Marriott Courtyard and meet Jen the bartender.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DCampisano
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for recognizing Jen. We're glad you enjoyed your experience at her bar. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the hospitality Austin and Marriott are known for. We can't wait to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a brief trip to Austin and had no complaints. The lobby and bar area are comfortable and welcoming, and the front desk folks were helpful in finding a local diner that served dinner late. I had no complaints about the guest room, which was pretty typical Courtyard fare, nothing fancy but clean and well maintained. Overall, this is a comfortable, service-oriented airport hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for the response, we appredciate the feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve your Courtyard Austin Airport experience, please let us know. Next time you come, we would like to earn that five star to your experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came to visit family in Austin for the Thanksgiving holiday and after the Formula 1 race. The lobby was still decorated with the Formula 1 stuff and we wish we would have been there for the festivities. The hotel sets up on a hill overlooking downtown and the airport is an ear shot away. The room was nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only true negative to this hotel is based on our recent travels. All the other hotels have furnished us with some type of free breakfast - most even included hot food. This hotel doesn't offer free breakfast and it was quite a surprise. I think that they are just keeping with the city motto - KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD.

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor faced the front of the hotel. There was a little annoying humming soun...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a response. We truly appreciate feedback and take all of it into account when planning and executing our day. We are so happy to hear you were welcomed by friendly staff and enjoyed the proximity to the Austin airport. Although we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, we have found that our guests truly enjoy our cooked to order menu items and full service restaurant.

We would love the opportunity to improve your experience should you make another trip to Austin. Please contact us directly for future travels so we can to everything in our power to accommodate your stay.

Warmest wishes,
The Courtyard Austin Airport

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel a lot do to business. It is hard being away from home where everything is more familiar. However, the group that employees this hotel is one of a kind. As soon as I walked in the lobby I see a live pianist playing in the back ground. I was greatly welcomed with smiling faces that worked quickly and professionally in a Formula 1 decorated lobby. The atmosphere was just prefect after a very stressful day. Rooms where standardly clean. Very comfortable bed. No fridge, but that was quickly redeemed by the bar where I found a dinner menu and a bartender named, Jenn. Customer service is a dying breed... And this girl has what it takes. I found her being very professional, delightfully funny, and laid back. I had fun. Thanks for a great stay, Jenn... And all that work there. I will be coming back here.

• Stayed: November 2012

It is so great to hear that you felt at home during your time with us. We truly enjoyed all of the excitement of having Formula 1 in town. Jenn is a great asset to our team and we love to hear that she is continuing to make our guests feel welcome. We hope to see you again next year when the race comes back to town in the fall.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would have to say finding the Courtyard Marriott Austin Airport had to be one of our best finds for our destination wedding! When I called to get pricing for room blocks earlier this year, I spoke with Brittani Dunlap and she completely sold my mom and me on this location. Being that we live in California, and are not familiar with hotels in Austin, it was so nice to have someone like Brittani answering all of our questions and providing us with information about the area, their location and things to do while we were in town. Brittani not only helped us get our room block for our wedding in October, but she also provided me with transportation information, rehearsal dinner options, event ideas and helped me with numerous items when I actually arrived in Austin for our wedding. The hotel is located very close to the airport, so it was very convenient for all of our out of town guests to just take the Courtyard shuttle that they provide to and from the airport. The staff was friendly, professional and practically became part of the family by the time we all left. They have a small bar area that gave us a great location to visit with all of our wedding guests each night. Jenn, the bartender, was amazing! We had so many family and friends at the bar, in addition to the other guests, and she always remain friendly, patient and quickly took care of everyone ordering drinks and food. Brittani, Jenn and the entire staff that was working during our wedding week really helped make us feel like we were at home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a wedding who is looking for nice property, where the staff is friendly and makes you and your guests feel at home. I also think this is a great hotel for business, personal or anyone who is looking for a nice and clean hotel that is located close to the airport as well as close to downtown. Thank you Brittani and the entire Courtyard Marriott Austin Airport staff for helping make our wedding week perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Erin P
AUSRN, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for allowing us to be part of your special time. I am truly appreciative of your praise towards Brittney, Jennifer and the rest of my team; without them this would just be another hotel. We look forward to hosting you again for any future stays in Austin.

All the best for the future!