“Super 8 Austin Downtown”

Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a Super 8. It's cheap, so I don't know why people expect anything more than they're paying for...!

Based on what we pay for similar motels in Australia, this place was a BARGAIN, and yet it was perfectly acceptable.

Yes - it's RIGHT on the highway, so I can imagine the rooms that face the highway (probably about 8 rooms) would get noise, but all the other rooms face the internal parking / pool / courtyard area, so rather than a steady hum, you'd be getting random noises such as people talking, car doors opening and closing, cars starting, etc. And yes - there was the occasional noise, including from people upstairs talking loudly, and stomping around at 2am in the morning, but I still go to sleep after 10 minutes or so.

It DID take a while to find someone to attend reception, so I could check in, but I was early, so they were out supervising the cleaning of rooms. Totally acceptable. I WAS slightly annoyed by having to wait to check in, whilst the receptionist (owner, most likely) juggled 2 or more reservation calls. But check in was quick, courteous, and my room exceeded my expectations.

It was immaculately clean, with nice facilities, and even USB power points in the walls for charging devices. Now THAT was unexpected!

I DID have problems with my toilet blocking (even after multiple flush attempts), but I left a note (with an apology) for the housekeeping staff, and when I returned, it had been fixed.

Obviously, there must be some rooms in need of attention, but it certainly wasn't mine. Noise happens at any motel / hotel, and I can understand that because of the location of this place (and it's affordability), that SOME of the clients / guests are a little dubious, or undesirable, but there's a lock on the door, and an air conditioning unit to drown out the sound.

I enjoyed it! No complaints at all...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Dominic F
Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
Downtown
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
East Austin
DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area

Been to Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area

Property: Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area
Address: 1201 North I-35, I-35 and 12th Street, Austin, TX 78702
Location: United States > Texas > Austin > East Austin
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Austin Downtown Hotel Austin