“Great Location for Events at UT Campus”

Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had pretty low expectations for a budget hotel by the interstate and the Super 8 pretty much matched them. The room was pretty shabby but clean, the main problem being one side of my queen bed (we had two between three of us) had a big dint. The bed was big enough for it not to be a problem so I decided not to complain about it. The shower actually worked pretty well and there was enough hot water for three girls. The vending machine didn't work and there was an ugly skip in front of the pool but other than that, it was fine. We didn't have a car but it wasn't too long a walk to the centre of Austin. We didn't bother with the breakfast as there are too many amazing breakfasts to be had elsewhere in Austin. The staff weren't as friendly as everyone else I met in Austin but they were polite and helpful enough.
Overall, my experience here wasn't too bad. If I'm lucky enough to come to Austin in the future and I have more money, I would get a better hotel but I wouldn't object to staying here if on a limited budget again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Becky S
Denton, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference and didn't really have much of a choice with our group. The motel is dated and not in the best of shape. Our first room had no towels. Our second had no lights in the bathroom. The rooms were reasonably clean, but for the $135 price, I would expect much, much more. We arrived on a chilly evening at 10:00p, and were not allowed in the lobby. Not a good value.

• Stayed February 2013
Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
Downtown
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
East Austin
DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area

Been to Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area

Property: Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area
Address: 1201 North I-35, I-35 and 12th Street, Austin, TX 78702
Location: United States > Texas > Austin > East Austin
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Super 8 Austin Downtown/Capitol Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Austin Downtown Hotel Austin