“Good rooms cheap”

Ranked #98 of 203 Hotels in Austin
BROWNSVILLE
“Good rooms cheap”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a decent motel very convenient to downtown Austin and, not incedentally, to our son's house. It's furnishings show some age, but they're maintained on a daily basis and kept in decent repair. Maybe the carpet's reaching a certain age. Free wi-fi with minimal hassle is good, though one is well-advised to keep a good firewall in such a circumstance. We were second floor, right in the middle, room 214, and I wondered why the design hadn't included a third stair in the middle of the balcony because it was a long haul from the car to the room. Fortunately, we've learned to minimize what goes in on overnight stays. All in all, relatively cheap accommodations that are not a distraction to the trip. What more do you want? Breakfast is over at nine. Too early for certain retirees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SAN ANTONIO
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was some what skeptical in choosing to stay at this hotel. I read quite a few reviews that were not very good. But spending two nights here, I was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The location was great, close to the highway and only 5 blocks from 6th street. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The bathroom was also very clean and smelt fresh. The beds and linen were clean and when asked, recieved fresh, clean towels. My bed however had a large indension. So I was a bit uncomfortable. But other than that small detail, my stay at Super 8 was very great! I would definately consider going back! The prices were very reasonable, the location was perfect for what I had planned, and the room was suprisingly better than I expected! Overall I would give this Super 8 Austin, Tx location 4 1/2 Stars!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank SAMANTHA M
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is by far the most negative place I have ever seen! The second we walked in the door the person at the front desk was telling us that the room wasn't ready, that the price now went up, basically that we couldn't stay there. I have NEVER been treated this rudely ever. We know this is a lower end hotel but wanted the location close to the city. We ended up going down the road to the Marott and it was a completely different experience. The Mariott even gave us a shuttle downtown! SUPER 8 STINKS!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Don't expect a whole lot but for the price it was fine. Location made me a bit
nervous but didn't have any problems. I got there before check in time and was made
to wait. Appeared the desk person didn't know how to do new move ins until the next
shift got there. Mexican resturant and drug store that had some food close by so if you
really want to eat cheap it can be done, Microwave and refrigerator was very helpful.

Staff was pleasant except for their need to follow all the rules.

Some of the questions below need a MAYBE option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business