“Saxon Pub website”

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Saxon Pub website”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Thought I'd share the website, as the two reviews peaked my interest.
Check out the calendar.

1 Thank RoadTripTexan

Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Great live band. Very friendly locals. Pool table. Just had a great time!

2 Thank shazzaroonie
New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Live Music Lovers Paradise! / A Can't Miss Austin Experience!”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

When my tourist guidebook said that this place was where musicians in Austin go to here great live local music themselves, I just knew I had to check it out! From the outside it looks like just an ordinary neighborhood pub that could be in any strip mall in any city in America. But in Austin, they really and truly respect music and the people who write, create, arrange, and perform songs. As I entered the door and paid my modest cover charge to the friendly and informative doorperson, I knew that this was the place for me! There was a guitarist on stage performing beautiful music. It's as simple as that. The audience was listening to every word and note, mesmerized by the art that was created at the moment by talented singer / songwriters. I sat down at a table, ordered a drink, and listened to some great local musicians for the rest of the evening. As a tourist, and not being from Austin, this was the ultimate experience far, far, off the tourist path! I got to hang out with the locals and check out a scene that is different from what I know! Also, Austin is a town that respects individuals who are creative, strange, weird, and different- and that includes weird and strange tourists like me, too! And, hopefully, perhaps you as well! So go check out the Saxon Pub for the that ultimate and authentic Austin live music experience.

3 Thank lonelyplanetboy