Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #52 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Marriott never disappoints. Is hotel is conveniently located near the convention centre and the exciting 6th Street activities. Greeted by friendly, welcoming staff who can't do enough for you. The hotel is modern, upbeat and clean as a whistle. Will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2012
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Canuck 572
Thank you for selecting us as your hotel of choice while in Austin. Our location and hotel is only topped by our amazing associates. They are at your service with a smile for each and eveyr guest. We look forward to your next trip to Texas!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This Marriott property is only two blocks from the hopping, sixth street district and excellent restaurants. It's a combination--Residence Inn on the left, Courtyard on the right...the bar in the Courtyard side is excellent...big bar, good drink menu. Rooms are nicely appointed, everything you expect from Marriott; valet parking and super friendly staff....and, there's a little Starbucks in the Courtyard end as well. Great value for a great location. Nothing to complain about from my group. We had a 2 Br Suite in the Residence Inn....the living area is small, but adequate for two couples..and splitting the cost of the suite vs. two separate rooms gave us spending money for Sixth Street.

Room Tip: There is some construction going on about a block away and my bedroom had one window wall facing th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Gary307

Thank you for spending the weekend with us! We are so glad to hear you had a great time with your friends! We will be ready for you on your next trip to the Music Capitol of the World!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was there for business. The hotel was clean and the service you recieve is beyond what you would get at a 5-star hotel. We had many people greet us all the time. The fresh-squeezed watermelon and pineapple juice and cookies were delicous! The breakfast and evening reception was beyond my expectations. The employees really cared about your stay. The only compliant I had was that they put me on the side of the hotel where the club music played loudly until 2:00 am. I also got woken up by the drunk guests returning to their rooms one night. They offered me another room but I refused because of the inconvenience of packing and unpacking again; I opted for earplugs instead. They followed up twice with the situation which I appreciated.

I would definitely stay there again but would request a room away from the clubs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

chicbiscut,

Thank you for taking time to recognize the genuine care of our staff. They take pride in making every guest feel like they are family. We do appologies for the behavior of the guests that disturbed you durring the evening. We do not accept such behavior and will amp up our efforts to curtail . Thank you again for your business, we will look forward to entertaining in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

It's a great hotel with a great staff and is well located. The internet in the business center and in the adjacent Courtyard Hotel are 3rd world. That's not to be expected in any Marriott property much less high tech Austin. It needs to be addressed. Management-I'm looking at you.

On another note; Mio... at the front desk is very helpful and an example of a hotel employee who likes her job.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Sooner 7-
The entire team is pleased our service was top notch. We will look to uncover an possible delays that were in the business center. Just so everyone knows we have a dedicated DS3 internet feed that provides servcie to the the entire hotel durring SXSW with amazing up and down speed.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was PERFECT! My boyfriend and I stayed here for our first trip to Austin. The location could not have been any better. We were able to walk to everything on 6th street and we had so much fun. The room was very clean and comfortable! The staff was extremely friendly and were very pleasant overall. The complimentary breakfast at Champions was FANTASTIC! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Austin!! It could not have been better!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel...the entire team is pleased you were able to relax and enjoy Ausitn. We will be ready to entertain in the future...

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Previously, I have stayed at the conjoined property and the location is clearly unchanged. My review addressed the convenient location a mere two blocks off of the active 6th Street. The downside seems to be that the mere 100 foot closer proximity to the music venues results in more noise presence than the conjoined property. Much like Beale or Bourbon Streets, the more convenient and walkable the distance, the more music noise that will be present. Still, it did not seem that my stay at the conjoined property was as noisy. This was not enough to disturb my sleep, but enough to delay it as I wondered “what song is that?”

Additionally, the room was clean but I still discovered a clump of hair embedded in the sheets. This does not impair the cleanliness, but it does show a lack of attention to detail. A competent maid would have seen this I am sure, and removed it… anyone with a wife or girlfriend knows what I mean when you “know” that articles have been cleaned, but still have residual hair.

These negative comments aside, and to be fair only the first is a likely recurrent/non-instance restricted occurrence, this is certainly a property I would stay in again. Particularly if you have a family or are in a group, the full sized refrigerator, normal coffee maker, and layout of the room and bathroom are all aspects of this group-friendly hotel. The lounge furniture could easily and comfortably accommodate two sleepers or probably six people watching preliminaries on the large screen prior to walking over to the UT stadium for a game.

The front desk staff, or at least the two lovely young ladies I encountered, was quick, capable, and wholly helpful. Overall, I would recommend the property to others and will very probably stay again. You're always going to find something amiss in a hotel stay if you pay attention, but the positive outweighs the negative here.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers a better view, but the view facing 6th Street is better while being joined wit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Kaiser D,
It is always nice to see return guests posting reivews. First, we will be sure to talk about the details a great length this week with the entire team. We believe in the details, like you experience from the ladies at the front desk, make the experience. I do look forward to entertaining in the future and thank you for recommending us for friends and family.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place was amazing! It is like a mini apartment with stainless appliances. The furnishings were high-end and I felt like I was in a top rated hotel. I also had free breakfast each morning! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Michele R,

We are so pleased you loved your stay with us. We strive to make raving fans at every check-in. We will be ready to recived you next time you are in town!