“Great for business trip”

Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 205 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights for business. Rooms have queen bed, work desk, large flat screen TV, sofa and complete kitchen. It's located just two blocks from Austin's famous 6th Street, home to many restaurants and bars. Hotel shares property with a Courtyard by Marriott, an interesting arrangement. The hotel is sparkling clean, has superb customer service, offers an indoor pool, spa & exercise room. There is also a guest laundromat, if needed. Wi-fi or wired internet is free and the hotel has a business cubby with computers and printers available, also free. For one or two people, this is an exceptional place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from 4th Street
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank IrishRick
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Irish,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotels. We strive to be the friendliest hotel in Austin and I am proud our associates provided exactly what we practice each and every day. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit!

David

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of a convention. I was there 2 nights, and left the do not disturb on instead of having it cleaned. The room was very clean. It is more apartment type setting, than typical hotel room. Very spacious. Kitchen area with full size refrigerator, desk, couch, tv that can be viewed by couch or bed. Well lit. Large vanity sink area and the toilet/shower room is not cramped. Elevators were quick, and the only hallway noise was the occasional door slam. Very safe, and good location near convention center and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I realized that the 1 bed and 1 sofa sleeping accomidations would not work for the 4 of us. I called and a very nice person said she would change us to the courtyard with 2 beds for the same price. She took my email and said she would send me a confirmation. I did not recieve one so a few days later I called. Not only had she not changed the reservation, she cancelled the existing one!!! The person I talked to gave me back my original reservation but said there we no 2 bed rooms available on the courtyard side. So after all that effort, I am back to a room that doesn't really work.

It is a good thing I called, or I would have no room!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Our appologies for the mix up with the reservation. That is truly not the way we conduct our business on a daily basis. We always want to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible when staying in the hotel. We will be sure to reevaluate the process in changing your reservation so we may prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for taking time to share with us our mistake as a company so we can improve as a team.

Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Austin

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Excellent location for 6th Street and downtown Austin. Rooms were very clean and well equipped, however they are quite compact - four of us in a two bedroom suite was a bit of squeeze.

Really friendly staff and we had a very quick check-in.

Stayed on a Friday night and was awoken by alot of street noise in the middle of the night but that wouldn't put me off staying again here as the location is so good. We had no issues with noise inside the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Lots of business travel--constant in fact--but Austin's Courtyard or Residence Inn is tops. It starts with a GREAT front desk staff--always cheerful and pleasant--smiles all around and lots of personality. What's not to be cheerful and pleasant about anyway--hell, it's Austin!! The rooms are like most others--but refreshingly clean and crisp. The location is great--it's close to almost anything and Eddie V's is a few steps away. But the rest of downtown is close enough for a quick walk or a jog. My first choice staying downtown is the Residence (I stay on the Courtyard side) because the staff is friendly and makes you feel like "you're home again".

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the property are south-west facing. The rooms in the "back" ove...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike_Adventure
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Mike,

Welcome Home...When your on the road as many night a year as many of our business clients there is no better feeling than that friendly smile and greeting when you arrive...we always want to have a member of our team in the lobby making our guest feel comfortable whether they are heading out for early meetings or returning from a great dinner in Austin. Thank you for sharing your comments about our team they will surely enjoy hearing your words.

See you on your next visit to Austin.

The Front Desk Team!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Yes, traveling, yes with family, and this time with babies going to a wedding. We needed a clean, quiet, helpful place to stay with a little more space than you get in some of those other places. We chose Marriott Residence Inn, downtown. From checking in with the friendly staff at the desk, Sonnie and Kate, to many others, everyone was as friendly as the Ritz where we last stayed. Yes the price was a lot less, less bling, and more just good ole regular people.
My kids swam, I used the exercise facility, and the breakfasts were very nice. Something was available for all. Even the manager's reception was nice.
Parking was a little of a hassle, but it was over Halloween, so the place was packed! However, I heard very little outside noise, and the management was great about preventing any problem within the facility.
Great location, Austin is a great walking town, and will stay here again when I return.

Room Tip: a bit higher to avoid street noise, and on east side of hotel to avoid evening heat in summer
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Musedoc,

We certainly enjoyed the oppertunity to entertain you and your family over the weekend. (it was my first halloween in Austin, WOW) Personally, it was a pleasure to meet the entire family at breakfast and I also enjoyed my early morning coversation with Grandpa.

See you next time you visit us in Austin.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Nice big room. Buffet breakfast at Champions was good. Dogs are allowed but there is a $100 pet sanitation fee that is nonrefundable. Walking distance to everything downtown. Staff is friendly and helpful. There is a "No-Party" policy that is prominently displayed when you walk in so no loud/late visitors.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple