Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
$289
$263
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$133
$125
$170
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
$189
  • Breakfast included
$199
  • Pool
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewschampions sports bargreat locationtypical courtyardfront deskstarbucks downstairstwo blockswalking distanceaustin downtownvalet parkingbars and restaurantssixth streetvalet stafffull servicehotel staffmini fridgenice roomfree breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel and it was a fantastic stay. The hotel is located in a great location walking distance to many restaurants and night life. We valet parked the car and walked everywhere. The rooms are very very clean, nice size with all the modern updates. Bed is very comfy as well. Staff was was friendly and helpful, every time they did something for you and were thanked they always responded "My pleasure" Loved it!!! Elevators are fast too, no waiting. There is a restaurant called Champiions attached to the hotel and the service, food and prices were reasonable. The breakfast buffet is excellent and only $13. All the food you can eat! Buffet had lots of different breads, yogurts, fresh fruit, eggs, tons of bacon, sausage, biscuts / gravy and cereals. Quite a few juices as well. The restaurant also has a full bar, if you just want to step out of your room for a quick cocktail or night cap. We enjoyed our stay in Austin and would come back to this hotel. Easy to access the highway as well. THey have a indoor pool and fitness area which we didnt get a chance to try out.

Room Tip: No tips to add
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

DebnDen,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your trip to Austin. Also, thank you for recognizing our amazing associates and their dedication to making our guests feel at home. Your kind words will be greatly appreciated by each and every associate!
We look forward for the opportunity to entertain in the future and will work hard to provide an even better experience on your next trip. Thank you.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Susanna and the front desk team at the Residence Inn in Austin made our trip. From providing awesome service when we called for help to offering suggestions on things to do around town, this team made us feel right at home. The beds were comfy. There was Wi-Fi. We were two blocks away from everything important in downtown including restaurants and entertainment. The hotel was super clean, very quiet, and we had a great view of the University of Texas Stadium from our room which overlooked downtown Austin. If you are looking for a great location at the best price and value, stay here. Also, the breakfast is free and is a full breakfast buffet with hot food and cereals.

Room Tip: Room 919 was great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

RoweRoweLA,
Thank you very much for posting your review about your recent visit to Austin. I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip! A home away from home is the goal of the Residence Inn and I am pleased our engaging associates were available to make you and your family comfortable during your visit. While our location is amazing we strive to make our hotel different thru amazing service. Thank you again for sharing your review!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Excellent location near the convention center, 6th St, and downtown. I liked the downstairs lobby especially since it has a Starbucks and bar stool chairs with tables and outlets for using your laptop. The staff was very helpful with maps and information about the area. I had a corner room so it seemed especially large for a 2 queen room. Bed was much more comfortable than the Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express that I had stayed at days before. Also much more quieter than the Hilton Garden Inn down the street where I-35 was running next to my room. It cost a little bit more and did not come with breakfast, but overall I thought the amenities were worth it. This is one of the few hotels downtown where you can self park as opposed to valet park. The only glitch I ran into was the card they gave me to use to open the gate to get out of the parking lot did not work. Had to re-park the car and go back upstairs to the lobby and get a replacement. Probably my fault for putting the card next to my cell phone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth C
MarriottAustinDT, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

lizwhiz,
Thank you for choosing to move over to our hotel during you visit to Austin. Your business is always appreciated and we look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with your parking card upon exiting the garage. I know how important staying on schedule is during a trip so we were sure to execute some preventative cleaning and maintenance on the parking equipment today after reading your comments. Again, thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to developing a great relationship in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Traffic was a nightmare but great stay. Room was nice and staff was accommodating. Good location. It was close to where I needed to be for the week. There were a lot of things to do on my down time while I was there. Definitely recommend and would love to stay there again for my next trip in September.

• Stayed: April 2014
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

CristianoPA ,
Thank you very much for taking time to post your review. While we are set in the heart of all of the amazing festivals and actives in downtown Austin we do experience a bit of congestions when the roads are closed off to allow the events to take place. I apologies for the congestion but am pleased our team was available to help make your stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to the opportunity to entertain in the near future and will be happy to provide any assistance to navigating the traffic in Austin. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Held a conference athis list hotel and it was a great location. Within walking distance of the 6th Street District. Hotel property was in great shape. Staff was wonderful to work with and just in general.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Evelyn H,
Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Our team works hard to make our guests comfortable and I am proud they made such a memorable impression during your convention trip. We will continue to learn and improve so we can offer an even better visit the next time your plans have you in Austin. Thank you for staying with us!