“Clean rooms, great staff, excellent location”

Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #68 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to an Executive room which was a nice touch. The staff was always very accommodating and very nice. The room and bathroom were both very clean and we enjoyed the view of downtown from our high floor. I also liked that every morning, there were bananas, apples, oranges and coffee available in the lobby. The Starbucks downstairs was also nice to have. I also liked that we had an empty fridge and microwave in the room.

The location is unbeatable, you are in the middle of downtown and walking distance to everywhere. Also, we had no noise issues whatsoever, probably because we were on a very high floor. My only small complaints would be - the toiletries could be better and parking is a bit expensive (but this is expected of downtown). Wi-Fi is free. I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a high floor, in an executive room. They get a lot of daylight and some have nice vie...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Jen D,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We all appreciate your business and are glad you had a chance to enjoy our hospitality. We look forward to the chance to entertain in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very nice stay. I will continue to stay at this hotel. Great location within walking distance to so much....cool lobby, nice and clean rooms. Staff was very nice and so was valet staff. Very professional. Starbucks a nice added bonus.

Room Tip: high floor is always best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Sandy D,
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to Austin. We look forward to having back again and again!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's a pretty big property with a Residence Inn attached right next door. They have free computers with printers in the lobby as well as free Wi-Fi. There's an on site restaurant called Champions and a Starbucks coffee. The rooms themselves are pretty big. They have a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, cable tv and alarm, a small couch, work desk and flat screen tv as well as a coffee maker. No safety box in the room. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

TBiird,
Thank you for selecting our hotel while you were in Austin. Your business is greatly appreciated by all the great associates here in the hotel. Thank you and come back soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Comfortable king bed. Towels a little flimsy. Air conditioning a bit difficult to control. Pleasant staff. I'd stay there again if I was in the area. Great if you're at the convention center- it's right across the street!

• Stayed: April 2013
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We appreciate your business and look forward to entertaining in the future. Marriott has changed the specifications for our towel and we should have them all in place by the end of summer. Thank you!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The new look lobby makes it certainly very inviting as you enter the twin complex of Marriott's Courtyard & Residence inn.

Very courteous staff made the check in easy, and the rooms were nice spacious and clean.

Best of all, its location on 4th street downtown is ideal for most needs. The 6th street live music is just a few minutes walk away, attractions like State Capitol, Ladybird Lake, MACC are walkable and its just beside the convention center.

Truly comfortable and well located space. To top it all, taking the Metro bus from airport is just a dollar, and will drop you right by the side of the hotel.

Rates were comparable to other hotels too. So, yes a definite recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

dileepsri,
Thank you for staying with us and also for posting some great local insight. The Metro Bus is the easiest and most affordable way to and from the Airport. Thier schedule can be found by searching Austin Metro Airport Flyer.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I travel around the country quite frequently and always stay at Courtyard Marriott hotels. This was my first time to Austin and to this particular hotel and I was highly disappointed. During the last night of my stay, I was woken by the sound of a key card in my door which permitted a man I didn't know to unlock my door. Thankfully i had my door dead-bolted so he wasn't able to get in but he did start to yell. As a woman traveling alone, this was very upsetting because I had the only key I was given at check-in so the hotel must have issued him the key that unlocked my door. I did inform the front desk of the incident the next morning. Additionally, the valet was highly disorganized and it took 30 minutes to get into the valet area. I've never had any issues at any other Marriott hotel until my stay in Austin. I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan L
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Megan L,
I wanted to let you know your concerns did not fall on deaf ears. We take our guests saftey and security very seriously and worked as a team to idendify our errors and then trained so that the entire check in process was completed so a room could not be reissued. With significant other that also travels fequently for business I understand the fright our errors must have caused and we will continue to review your comments with the entire team moving forward. We do hope this incident does not change your view of the amazing Courtyard Brand.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I attended a Mary Kay conference in Austin on March 22 and 23rd and stayed at the Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention Center. My selection was through our Mary Kay travel service and was in walking distance from the Convention Center where the conference was being held. From the check in, which was one of the fastest at one of our conferences I have ever had, to the completion of my stay, I was thoroughly pleased. The staff was quick, friendly, efficient and kept things running smoothly from the front desk, valet service, and everyone who assisted in my stay. The room was spacious, quiet and one of the cleanest I have stayed in. The Starbucks in the hotel was also quick, efficient and kept the line moving and out quickly. My stay was stress free and that is hard to do with hundreds of women checking in and out at the same times, parking on a busy street, and the busy area downtown. A big thank you for an enjoyable stay and I will return.

Room Tip: I stayed on a high floor and away from elevator and my room was quiet even on thise busy street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

dfoxsk,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We had a fantastic time hosting the Mary Kay conference and look forward to having you all back in the near future!