Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewschampions sports bargreat locationtypical courtyardfront deskstarbucks downstairstwo blockswalking distanceaustin downtownvalet parkingbars and restaurantssixth streetvalet stafffull servicehotel staffmini fridgenice roomfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wonderful staff, great location. Fun lobby, very thoughtful flight check-in terminal, great exercise room. Rooms are very comfortable with modern bed. Great great views, a little pricey though.

From here on out i am trying to meet the 200 character minimum, I hope all find this helpful :)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ryanrico
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

ryanrico,

Thank you for taking time to review our newly remodeled hotel. Your business is truly appreciated by each and every associate in our hotel!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room was well-appointed and looks new- the carpet, the sheets, curtains and the rest of the furniture and fixture. I was actually surprised as the pictures on their site feature old style sheets, carpet and furniture pieces. I guess they updated their rooms recently to make it a little hip. Also the room was clean and the bathroom toilet, curtains, sink, vanity - were all clean. I loved the room and look forward to our stay. We checked in from Nov. 16- 20,2012. The only thing disappointing was we were given the third floor room which is but on the same level as that of their a/c units, not to mention that if you want to let light through the room by parting the curtains, you see your next door neighbors from the other units. So we just let the curtains cover the "view." We asked for a higher floor, but since it was the week of the F1 race, all the rooms were fully booked. Around 3:00 am of the 18th, there was a little noise I heard from outside, which made me woke up. I saw that there was some light going through the window so I managed to adjust the curtain and by chance, as I am pulling the curtains, I saw one of the guests' window was cracked fully opened. I was thinking, were they smoking in their room or were they hanging outside by the a/c units? This was not good. The as I was trying to fix the curtain and so as not to compromise our privacy, a woman popped out of the open window and probably saw me and I can see her forming an obscene f- word at me! That was unacceptable at all! I am going to report this to the front desk when we check-out. Also, the when people are passing by the hallway, you could clearly hear what they are talking about. It would had been perfect if not for this, the incident and the view...

Room Tip: Upon check in, ask for a higher floor and not close to the ice maker and the vending machine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

truthintraveling,
Thank you for taking staying with us and for writing your review on TripAdvisor.
Wow, I am truley sorry about the person in the other window. I will look with my director of engineering for ways to improve that corner room privacy. I am happy the balance of your stay was excellent and we all look forward to the oppertunity to be of service in the near future!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Friendly staff and a nice location. Prices spiked during the F1 weekend, so I can't say it was a good value. But easy walking distance to everything downtown - and very quiet! Rooms are pretty standard for a business hotel.

There is a Starbucks and a Champions in the lobby - which is very convenient for coffee and/or a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

RedMustang56,
First, Love your TripAdvisor handle! More importantly, thank you for your business and for taking time to post a review on you recent visit! F1 was an amazing event and having the Fan Fest just down the street was fantastic! We look forward to being you choice hotel while in Austin!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel 2 days before our sudden trip to Austin. The location is just right at the heart of downtown, where 6th street, Capitol, warehouse & 2nd street district can be reached on foot. The room is clean and nice, not too fancy. Service is just okay. By the time we stayed the hotel was really crowded. The guests were coming for conference, I guess. I was hoping they put more people in concierge desk. It took us more than 15 mins to buy candy from the shop, because we have to pay it in the concierge. Overall, we would recommend people to stay here and book earlier to get better price.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Intan W
MarriottAustinDT, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Intan W,
Thank you for your review. I will look at our Front Desk staffing durring our peak check in periods so we can expedite future market purchases. Agagin, thank you and we look forward to having you as a guest for years to come.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed between Oct 31-Nov 4th.

This hotel is perfect for your next trip to Austin whether it's business or pleasure. The hotel is located right across the street from the Convention Center. 2 Blocks from non stop entertainment of 6th Street and near many resturants. The staff was very professional. The room was nice, no complaints. Starbucks and Champions Resturant were located witihn the hotel, no issues with either one. If you're looking for a nice place to stay in Austin, this is the one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

njdrum,
I thank you for spending you time in Austin at our hotel. Our team looks forward to entertaining on your next visit to town!