Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewschampions sports bargreat locationtypical courtyardfront deskstarbucks downstairstwo blockswalking distanceaustin downtownvalet parkingbars and restaurantssixth streetvalet stafffull servicehotel staffmini fridgenice roomfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel was not unique, and the only part of my stay that was surprising was the room’s layout (instead of facing the wall, the bed faced the window). All of this should be considered positive. There are hotels that specialize in certain experiences and themes, but this is simply a functional, well maintained place to rest and store luggage.

The best aspect of this hotel is the value. This value is derived from a location within walking distance of many great sights and eateries, and 6th Street’s attractions as well. The price is usually very reasonable, unless there is a major event taking place in that area. This trip occurred during the ROT Rally, and I definitely appreciated being able to walk to the delicious food at the Bistro, but being a little further from the growling engines of the bikes that prowled the 6th Street strip.

The staff was young and enthusiastic, and decently competent and speedy. There is complimentary wi-fi in the lobby, and I think in the rooms too. The property seems clean and well designed and it seems like a great place to stay for business or with the family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for enjoying our hotel and Austin. We will see you on your next trip.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here a few years ago and it was OK. I'm here for a conference this week and was so pleased to see that they have renovated the entire hotel! It is just across the street from the Austin Convention Center which makes it so convenient. The light rail station is also next door. Short walk to 6th Street and Town Lake. The lobby is very nice and they have added a Starbucks. Hotel employees are there in lobby to greet you and offer any assistance. Every employee I encountered was pleasant and professional. My room looked and smelled new! Everything was very nice. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We are happy that construction is over and our guest can enjoy the newly refreshed property.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

stayed here for spring graduation festivities for 2 nights. the room included a king bed, TV, mini-fridge that wasnt rigged with goodies or sensors, and a sofabed. the bathroom was spacious and updated. our room included a view of the light rail station just outside the hotel.

this hotel is conveniently located close to 6th street bars, congress st., UT campus. they have an underground parking garage for guests ($21/night for self parking). another plus is they have security present at the door on thurs-sat nights to secure the hotel for guests and weed out any drunks from 6th street.

overall, i enjoyed my stay as they provided all i could ask for from a hotel at an affordable price. they charged $269/night, but keep in mind all other hotels were $300+/night for graduation weekend.

Room Tip: choose rooms away from the elevators
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Carmen1318,

Thank you for staying with us durring UT graduation. We have just completed our 8 Million dollar renovation and are looking forward to entertaining you and your family for years to come!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard during ROT weekend and I must say that I was thoroughly impressed with the staff and the way the high traffic was handled. I was greeted promptly as a platinum member and was checked in swiftly. I loved the fact that they didn't allow us (the guests) to be disturbed and enforced a very strict no party policy in the hotel. Kudos to the staff and management.

The hotel it self is nicely refreshed and has a real open feel and look. The Champion bar downstairs is a great place to grab a drink before going out or to eat breakfast in the morning. In addition there is a Starbucks on the property so we can all have our latte fix in the morning. The rooms are just standard marriott rooms with nothing super special. If I ever need to stay in downtown Austin again I will stay here as it is just two blocks from sixth street so you can walk to all the excitement and food.

Once again, if you are made to feel like you at home while in a hotel, then that is the next level of service in my opinion. The Courtyard employees/management did that 100%.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Trueratings,
Thank you for spending your ROT Rally weekend with us. We are please you had a chance to be one of the first guests in our newly Refreshed Rooms and Lobby areas. The functionality of the hotel has really been taken to new levels. Also, I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. They work very hard to provide the Home away from Home feel you mention and will be really excited to hear your remarks. Thank you!
We are looking forward to being your hotel of choice when in Austin.

At your Service!
The associates of the the Austin Marriott Downtown!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My friends and I stayed and this hotel in downtown Austin. This hotel is in a great location. You can walk everywhere. Upon check-in we had friendly faces and help. The hotel is under construction. I was not aware of that. I woke up Saturday morning to pounding and a lot of noise. That pretty much spoiled sleeping in. The hotel claims they e-mailed us but since we booked through Travelocity, we were out of luck. The hotel is nice. Once the construction is done it will be much better. Another bonus, Starbucks is attached to the property. Yay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

ValHRGirl44,

Just wanted to update that construction will be done on the 10th of June. We look forward to the chance to host your next visit to Austin.